Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

All these **** blogs like "unmummy mummy" on Facebook where they go on about how there houses are never clean and they never cook, they stink and just about get their shit together to get children to school but it's ok because the love their kids.

Women absolutely lapping it up.

pisses me off for some reason.

No time to clean but plenty of time to run a blog and maintain numerous social media accounts. 

• Like 1

Further to @Genie's post, anyone to refers to themselves as a 'mummy'' or 'mumsy' or other some childlike name. 

Also, people who dawdle on train platforms and stairs because they are too busy texting or checking their phone. Piss off out the way you word removed. You might stop suddenly in front of me but i'll go straight through you! 

• Like 1

This new trend of young girls wearing dresses and trainers. It looks ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the transition started when I started going out and people would wear dresses with converse or pumps. Thought it looked ridiculous then. But now, only about 7 years on it's progressed to trainers. Converse or pumps look formal compared to them. Why spend so much time getting ready, to whack on a pair of reeboks to top off the look? 

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

This new trend of young girls wearing dresses and trainers. It looks ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the transition started when I started going out and people would wear dresses with converse or pumps. Thought it looked ridiculous then. But now, only about 7 years on it's progressed to trainers. Converse or pumps look formal compared to them. Why spend so much time getting ready, to whack on a pair of reeboks to top off the look? 

ISTR back in the 90s there was a fashion for young women to wear pretty floral dresses with Doc Martins or similar boots. Very strange. 

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Further to @Genie's  Piss off out the way you word removed. You might stop suddenly in front of me but i'll go straight through you! 

Dude.....you always came across as a lover not a fighter. 

I'm worried about you now :huh:

PS - you ARE right though !

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

ISTR back in the 90s there was a fashion for young women to wear pretty floral dresses with Doc Martins or similar boots. Very strange. 

That was a spin off of the crusty thing.

It sort of made sense in fields that could become quickly muddy. Less sense in an urban backdrop.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Dude.....you always came across as a lover not a fighter. 

I'm worried about you now :huh:

PS - you ARE right though !

I am generally very laid back.. although my blood pressure says otherwise!

• Like 1

The illiteracy of modern youth. Just had the following spelling on an airport pickup

Jibralta

It's not even the first time I've seen it spelled like that and could give many similar examples, it's a daily occurence.

Went to an event last night, overall it was really good. There was a singer on first who had a great voice, but she couldn't quite hit some notes - so I put that I felt she was nervous (I wrote the review as soon as I got in). Next thing I know she is asking why I edited out the good. Sorry love, if you don't want an honest review you get a generic line instead!

Literally within 20 mins she was messaging saying 'I am offended you called me nervous' and that 'nervous people don't wave their hands like I did on stage'

So anyway, I said I would edit the review (which also said she had a great voice and was actually really positive!) and edited it down to "belting out some hits, including popular songs from Paramore and Ed Sheeran, in what was a solid opening to the show."

Next thing I know she is asking why I edited out the good. Sorry love, if you don't want an honest review you get a generic line instead!

So many artists down here who play the IW festival regularly and think criticism of ANY kind is unfair.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I can't make out what place this was supposed to denote, do tell!

Sharm el-Sheikh - popular tourist resort in Egypt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tomorrow I have to get up at 4am to go to Heathrow, followed by a 3 hour flight to Helsinki. I then have to get on another flight for an hour to go to Oulu in an old propeller plane, then a 2 hour bus ride in the most boring of pinewood flat forest awaits until I arrive in Rovaniemi (home of santa) for a meeting with people from Oulu university. What I hate the most about the whole thing? Heathrow. 

Once I get to Finland there's at least no M25 to contend with. I might actually go Southampton-Amsterdam-Helsinki next time because I hate Heathrow with such disgust. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Tomorrow I have to get up at 4am to go to Heathrow, followed by a 3 hour flight to Helsinki. I then have to get on another flight for an hour to go to Oulu in an old propeller plane, then a 2 hour bus ride in the most boring of pinewood flat forest awaits until I arrive in Rovaniemi (home of santa) for a meeting with people from Oulu university. What I hate the most about the whole thing? Heathrow. 

Once I get to Finland there's at least no M25 to contend with. I might actually go Southampton-Amsterdam-Helsinki next time because I hate Heathrow with such disgust. 

Jet setter. When you coming back? Don't say same day!

Not quite as bad for me. 5am wake up call as need to be in York for 10am meeting. Few hours there. Hoping  I be back in Brum by 6pm. 

Â