Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Ah, I remember that. The year the concorde took flight and you could either chose between a bitter or a mild.. :) 

You still can. What seems to have disappeared is the idea of different pricing in different rooms of the same pub. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

You still can. What seems to have disappeared is the idea of different pricing in different rooms of the same pub. 

Agreed. And I concur with your liking of the pub closing for a few hours. Best 15p ever spent on a hot afternoon just after the second opening.

Bring back "the lounge" I say. If you want to drink for less, stand up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Agreed. And I concur with your liking of the pub closing for a few hours. Best 15p ever spent on a hot afternoon just after the second opening.

Bring back "the lounge" I say. If you want to drink for less, stand up.

I never understood why many pubs called the lounge the 'smoke room', when there were just as many smokers in the public bar. 

Just now, snowychap said:

Hmm. As soon as you didn't talk about prices in denarii, I had my doubts. ;)

Actually, I did. The 'd' for pre-decimal pennies (as in 2/6d) was derived from denarii. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I never understood why many pubs called the lounge the 'smoke room', when there were just as many smokers in the public bar. 

The crown in rugeley still has the glass windows which states 'smoking room' one side, and The Bar' the other side. 

• Like 1

If anything, you got less smoke in the 'smoke' than you did in the bar, since that was where the ladies drank - and fewer women smoked in those days. 

This sounds really depressing but I remember when I used to have epic rants in this thread about volleying people in the jaw for talking to me whilst reading a book (or something as mundane as that) I don't know if I'm a lot more tolerable towards other people than I used to be or if I have just given up with being angry and just walk in a kind of constant numbness, I hope its the former otherwise I will either end up going on a killing rampage or just dying miserable and bitter.

7 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

This sounds really depressing but I remember when I used to have epic rants in this thread about volleying people in the jaw for talking to me whilst reading a book (or something as mundane as that) I don't know if I'm a lot more tolerable towards other people than I used to be or if I have just given up with being angry and just walk in a kind of constant numbness, I hope its the former otherwise I will either end up going on a killing rampage or just dying miserable and bitter.

They were epic rants and 'volleying someone in the jaw' was one the most hilarious things I've ever read on here but, I think it's true for me too. I used to wish harm on many people however small their infraction. Now, I just think **** it. It's not worth worrying about the bellzoids anymore. Follow your own path and these people cease to matter. 

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

We meet again. I was very angry when I was a bit younger and was always getting into bother in the pubs. Age and having a family has calmed me down and I'm not so angry anymore. Im way more lenient with people now if they do something to offend me. Im not all washed up yet though, but it would taking something major for me to do something stupid.

23 hours ago, magnkarl said:

1.80 is the cheapest I've heard of since the 90's, where do you live? My local's cheapest is 4.60, and it's not at all nice. The usual stuff goes for over £5 easy.

£1.85 for a pint of Ruddles in the Spoonys by me in Four Oaks. 

Johns Smiths is £1.99

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 19:04, magnkarl said:

So I packed my lunch this morning and went on my merry way up the M3 to a meeting in London.

That was your first problem right there :P

On 7/20/2017 at 17:49, choffer said:

Last pint I had cost £9.80. To be fair it was lovely and if it'd have been £4.80 I'd have had another one but the bar staff's reaction to me flipping my lid at 20p change implied that I was not the first person to have been so shocked.

£9.80?!

tumblr_lkwpl72HAb1qawvxuo1_500.gif

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly couldn't tell you how much the pints I buy cost.

Does this mean I'm rich? 

I'm always aware but it doesn't bother me that much, if its an expensive pint have one or two and move on. Its normally relative to where the bar/pub is anyway, if you want cheap beer/spirits then stick to your city centre spoons, if you want a bit more then new street and jewellery quarter have a lot to offer.

All these **** blogs like "unmummy mummy" on Facebook where they go on about how there houses are never clean and they never cook, they stink and just about get their shit together to get children to school but it's ok because the love their kids.

Women absolutely lapping it up.

pisses me off for some reason.

Â