Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Yep. It was revealed as a piss take and a parody. 

How sure are we about that? I mean, I've read the article where the guy concerned seems to be basically disowning it, but it had a little bit the feel of when people say something hurtful and then immediately run after the other person saying 'I didn't mean it'. .  .

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I worked at butlins skeg for 6 years. Jimmy a stage manager there was and is a huge Villa supporter. 

First time up mablethorpe/Skegness, and tbf I like it. The wife used to own her own static caravan up here but the daft cow sold it. Horrible drive though.

@Midfielder Thought of you ;)

A restaurant is advertising for a "gin butler" whose main attribute must be three years' experience of drinking the spirit.

Andrew Kettlewell, who owns Redherring in Lowestoft, Suffolk, said he wanted to find a "different calibre" of staff.

Mr Kettlewell is looking for a "culturally-refined individual" who "feels the love" for the spirit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-37517105

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A bloke at our place goes to Butlins minehead every year for an 80s weekend. Loads of women on the prowl apparently.

That's what I went for on the stag do. Women were gagging for it but most of them were ropey as ****

On 06/10/2016 at 16:17, Xela said:

Bring back the cape! I want to swish mine when making a dramatic exit from an inn after too may flagons of mead!

Always handy to lay down in any puddles a lovely lady might otherwise step in as well of course! 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

What the hell? I clicked it and googled, here is the advert:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SERVICE INDUSTRY JOBS /  SUFFOLK / 1 SEARCH RESULTS FOR "GIN BUTLER"  

GIN BUTLER REQUIRED - Lowestoft

You must be culturally refined, feel the love for gin, and be a natural entertainer in all matters gin. In other words we are looking for someone, of the highest hipster strata, to not only serve gin but generally mince about the place with an air of self-importance and have their teapot posture down to a tee.

Uniform will not be provided but a tweed waistcoat is a must, combined with no-socks tight drainpipe-look trousers to achieve the look of our restaurant. Our clientele are extremely pretentious and opinionated so an applicant of a similar calibre is required.

This post is being vacated by our departing lovely jazz-kitten Samuel Davide Hains, who is moving back to Travancore due to deportation issues resulting from complaints from an online football fans forum relating to his right to residency, as such, there are minimal opportunities for work shadowing.

Salary to be discussed at interview, at which, candidates will be subjected to a fun gin facts test as well as assessments of abilities in mincing and condescending speech.

References required, may consider applications from rum butlers with equivalent experience.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reading that job description and seeing the advert, one thing is for sure. I don't know when next I'll be in Lowestoft, but you can guarantee I will be stopping off to take a shit at this wine bar, and furthermore you can double bet it'll be an upper decker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How sure are we about that? I mean, I've read the article where the guy concerned seems to be basically disowning it, but it had a little bit the feel of when people say something hurtful and then immediately run after the other person saying 'I didn't mean it'. .  .

Sir, I believed it at first, but when my blood pressure returned to normal I saw it as the very parody it meant itself to be. In one spoof article it entirely captured 100% better than any character assassination I could ever perform on hipsters and their insistence and reasons for why they like product X from company Y and why their style is this and that... whilst apparently NOT being in any way into aesthetic conforms, yet simultaneously and hypocritically doing that very thing, but taking it to another level.

Failing that, if I am wrong, this guy needs lynching. If Darwinism doesn't get him, someone will. If that article IS true though, don't worry... he will be shaking like a shitting dog in his moms basement, hiding away from the world, regretting ever having done that article, never to surface again, even when the tofu runs out. 

Edited by Midfielder

48 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

SERVICE INDUSTRY JOBS /  SUFFOLK / 1 SEARCH RESULTS FOR "GIN BUTLER"  

GIN BUTLER REQUIRED - Lowestoft

You must be culturally refined...

Reading that job description and seeing the advert, one thing is for sure. I don't know when next I'll be in Lowestoft, but you can guarantee I will be stopping off to take a shit at this wine bar, and furthermore you can double bet it'll be an upper decker.

On second thought, maybe it's not the job for you ;)

Edited by Ginko

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I've been there a couple of times for All Tomorrow's Parties festivals. It always struck me how much money you'd end up spending, if you took your family there. Can't move for arcade machines, gamblers, rides etc. They must rake it in. 

Those are all distractions because the weather is crap, I would rather go abroad and chill out in good weather than stay here and try to find entertainment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ginko said:

On second thought, maybe it's not the job for you ;)

you could be right Ginko. I'd last two minutes there before unleashing blue language of a kind upon these culture vulture customers and the boss they'd have never heard before in their lovely sheltered lives. 

• Like 1

My broadband connection. Constantly drops out.. up to 20 times some days. Mainly when streaming. Some times it can drop out seconds after reconnecting. Its driving me mad. BT are no use, they just want me to sign up for another 12 months and send me a new router out.

Thinking of giving Virgin a try. They do broadband connections with no need for a phone line. 

I would gladly pay £100 per month for a fast reliable service that didn't drop out! 

All ISPs vary hugely in speed/reliability depending on your local infrastructure and how much load it's under, but Virgin have been fantastic for me. I get exactly what I pay for rather than this "up to" bullshit, It's gone down once in 7 years, and a dude came out the next day to sort it out.

Having suffered because of the useless words removed both personally and professionally, I'll never go back to an ISP that relies on Openreach to fix problems. I ruled out a couple of houses when I was looking to buy because they weren't in a Virgin area. :P 

Not the cheapest, though, and the Superhub is pretty shit.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't Virgin and BT use the same infrastructure? 

I believe its the exact opposite. Virgin are the only one that doesn't use BT's infrastructure 

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

All ISPs vary hugely in speed/reliability depending on your local infrastructure and how much load it's under, but Virgin have been fantastic for me. I get exactly what I pay for rather than this "up to" bullshit, It's gone down once in 7 years, and a dude came out the next day to sort it out.

Having suffered because of the useless words removed both personally and professionally, I'll never go back to an ISP that relies on Openreach to fix problems. I ruled out a couple of houses when I was looking to buy because they weren't in a Virgin area. :P 

Not the cheapest, though, and the Superhub is pretty shit.

Reliability not speed is the issue for me. Infact, I've had to reboot my router 3 times in the course of getting round to writing this reply! Seemed streaming Spotify was causing my connection to drop out every 30 seconds

I can get Virgin in my apartment as most new builds have it wired in (along with Sky). Virgin seem to have a good reputation so will give it a go.

Do you recommend a different router to the free one they issue?

In an apartment I suspect you'll be alright, I found the Wifi was pretty poor on different floors, in a couple of different houses. It was stable enough, just not great range. Can't hurt to give it a go, if you do replace it you'll need to keep the Superhub to use as the modem anyway, so you can't just not get one.

I probably don't have the latest one anymore, now that I think about it.

• Like 1

Â