Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden?!?

699f0b146c77f7c4ccd15ee6406427fe.jpg

visual resemblance aside, identity is a match from the teapot posture just like "Samuels"

he is trying his best to contain and limit the teapot due to the public appearance but old habits die hard

Edited by Midfielder

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I think BOF "punk'd" us. 

What it captures though is a point I'd said a couple of pages back. I happen to know a hipster and he goes on about his rejection of conformity, how he is into this because if that and that because of this... buys X because he's environmentally aware and drives car Y because he's not trapped by masculine conforms on car choices. You name it. My point is, like this article, he has a reason for every single thing, that thought has gone into every purchase ranging from his hat to his tofu. 

My gripe is the hypocrisy. That article captures it. These people are TRY HARDS , in their own way brand-led, entirely aesthetic yet claim the opposite, that they're non conformists almost like a modern hippie. Yet the opposite it is true. Go into any Starbucks or Costa in a city centre and you'll see these g1mps in an abundance. All with their brands and their reason for choosing their brands, whilst claiming not to be in brands and drinking some poncey-named brand coffee from the biggest Coffee branded place in the world. Brand brand brands. 

In fact, this 8.20 am rant (not at you, with you) that replies to you brings me to another thing that pisses me off. Ok so I know they have products and their products have names. I get it. But, if I get a COFFEE from one of these gaffs my order is to the point and whatever it says on the menu, like most other people. What pisses me off, is this trendy bull ---- lingo that these tw--- speak when ordering theirs. I can't even give you an example as its all alien to me, they just slip into it and I look up st the menu and think what the f are you saying I can't see that. 

Throw "baristas" in too, seems you have to be a hipster to be a barista. Probably in order to understand the sh-- these hipsters speak. Well that's a great start to the morning.

haha, yeah, i understand you. the thing i can't stand is MIXOLOGY, i hate the word, the concept, and people who aspire or consider themselves to be MIXOLOGISTS

it's embarrassing to us bartenders.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

haha, yeah, i understand you. the thing i can't stand is MIXOLOGY, i hate the word, the concept, and people who aspire or consider themselves to be MIXOLOGISTS

it's embarrassing to us bartenders.

Well said. Mixologists into room 101. The dude at B and Q who mixes the paint to match, is he a mixologist, no. 

Old boot at Asda at 7.30am this morning who parked in the parent and toddler spaces at the front because she's a lazy bitch, then proceeds to sit there having a cancer stick when she gets back.

word removed.

4 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I think BOF "punk'd" us. 

What it captures though is a point I'd said a couple of pages back. I happen to know a hipster and he goes on about his rejection of conformity, how he is into this because if that and that because of this... buys X because he's environmentally aware and drives car Y because he's not trapped by masculine conforms on car choices. You name it. My point is, like this article, he has a reason for every single thing, that thought has gone into every purchase ranging from his hat to his tofu. 

My gripe is the hypocrisy. That article captures it. These people are TRY HARDS , in their own way brand-led, entirely aesthetic yet claim the opposite, that they're non conformists almost like a modern hippie. Yet the opposite it is true. Go into any Starbucks or Costa in a city centre and you'll see these g1mps in an abundance. All with their brands and their reason for choosing their brands, whilst claiming not to be in brands and drinking some poncey-named brand coffee from the biggest Coffee branded place in the world. Brand brand brands. 

In fact, this 8.20 am rant (not at you, with you) that replies to you brings me to another thing that pisses me off. Ok so I know they have products and their products have names. I get it. But, if I get a COFFEE from one of these gaffs my order is to the point and whatever it says on the menu, like most other people. What pisses me off, is this trendy bull ---- lingo that these tw--- speak when ordering theirs. I can't even give you an example as its all alien to me, they just slip into it and I look up st the menu and think what the f are you saying I can't see that. 

Throw "baristas" in too, seems you have to be a hipster to be a barista. Probably in order to understand the sh-- these hipsters speak. Well that's a great start to the morning.

I tend to stick to the same brands because I know I'll like it and it won't let me down, whatever the product is. That said, I'll happily try new stuff because it's ridiculous to reject things because of brand loyalty. Using your coffee rant as an example, I used to go to Starbucks pretty much exclusively but recently two new independent cafes have opened nearby and I wanted to try them out. They're awesome and I rarely go to Starbucks now.

That'll change when Eggnog lattes come back out next month though.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Too sweet!

Gingerbread lattes for me :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Too sweet!

Gingerbread lattes for me :)

daASMkV.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Ha, I went to the Minehead one once for a stag weekend. Lets just say I wouldn't go back there sober! 

I've been there a couple of times for All Tomorrow's Parties festivals. It always struck me how much money you'd end up spending, if you took your family there. Can't move for arcade machines, gamblers, rides etc. They must rake it in. It was also amusing seeing the look of bemusement and disgust on the faces of the regular staff's faces at the musical acts. I don't think they were ready for Wolf Eyes. 

As a kid I used to spend my summers thinking up more and more elaborate ways to get in to Butlins for free and spend the day in there. using the swimming pool, getting lunch, bumping the arcade games, getting in the beer yard, pinching stupidly pointless things like mops or eggs, being lost and getting my made up name announced over the tannoy. Getting a tray or a bin or something, walking around the sunbathing area picking up everyone's empty flagons of pop for them and getting the 10p deposits back for myself.

We would stand on the train station and offer to show people where Butlins was for 10p. They'd give us the 10p, we'd take them out of the station and nod and the great big pastel building across the road with Butlins written on it and say 'there it is' as we ran off.

The more I think about it, back then I must have been close to being feral.

• Like 2

Â