Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

It sounds like a faulty branch selector (BS) box to me. Either faulty Pcb or sticky solenoids :thumb:

Today, no yesterday, sorry, a bloke was in the boiler room with a saw. Today was 29 degrees in the morning and 19 after dinner I mean, wtf!  We had heaters in to warm the place up 2 days ago, then portable( ish) units to cool it down, doors open, doors shut.

Intemperate lunacy reigns.

8 hours ago, blandy said:

Today, no yesterday, sorry, a bloke was in the boiler room with a saw. Today was 29 degrees in the morning and 19 after dinner I mean, wtf!  We had heaters in to warm the place up 2 days ago, then portable( ish) units to cool it down, doors open, doors shut.

Intemperate lunacy reigns.

Maybe it's the boss trying to keep you all awake :lol:

but 2 years!? What are these jokers doing? Even if they're guessing at parts they should have got it right by now!

1 minute ago, choffer said:

iTunes (I know, I should stop here) and their predilection for making the most popular song on an album an "album-only" purchase. If you want that one song, buy the whole damn album. :bang:

Amazon do that, too. 

7 hours ago, il_serpente said:

This is turning into mostly the "Things that should and do piss you off" thread lately.  Kinda pisses me off...

We do this exact routine every 100 pages or so

For content: I've just moved into a new place for my 3rd year of uni and the postman has the habit of bending letters in half. They'd fit through the letterbox just fine anyway but he likes to bend them for no discernible reason.

Edited by Phumfeinz

Posted about this in general chat ,but the weather. 

It shouldn't piss me off because I know I'll be moaning about -20 freezing my tiny tits off in a couple of months, but it's September. Not July. Go away with your 25-30 degrees, day and night. 

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's still officially summer dude. 22nd is when it ends (in the UK at least).

Ah, something that pisses me off that shouldn't. This idea of seasons starting on odd dates that aren't the first of the month. As far as I'm concerned Autumn starts on 1st September. 

And don't get me started on Sunday being the first day of the week. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's still officially summer dude. 22nd is when it ends (in the UK at least).

No I refuse. The last 3 Septembers I've been driving to work in the UK with the heater on because it's 10 degrees [citation needed]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Donating to the site gets rid of them, and you don't have to donate all that much either. I recommend it :D 

No thank you. That's how they get you.

Next thing you know, you are signing a 24 month VT contract, it's 5p per message posted, £1.00 for a bag of 10 likes

gxuM60O.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Commercial, it has ruined youtube and is now ruining VT aswell...

The adverts on VT function perfectly and the result of not having them would be far worse.

Having adverts allows the site to delegate the role of moral guardian to a third party and relieves those who run the site of having to decide what is permissible.

On other sites (unnamed) without adverts these decisions often seem arbitrary and tyrannical and result in much conflict and many bans.

When posters are told that advertisers object to certain language and content, people generally accept it without much demur.

And that makes for a better forum.  

• Like 1

Â