Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 29/07/2016 at 15:35, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I was thinking about how to make drying myself more enjoyable.

I would suggest lying in the sun at a 5 star hotel in some exotic part of the world.  I would think that would be a enjoyable drying experience. 

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How were the legs / job  ?

Legs were ok. Calves a bit tight but other than that and a tweak in the back it was all good. Could hardly move when I got up but soon loosened up.

Job was fine. First day so didn't really do much apart from meet people.

Had an induction this morning though. Death by powerpoint. I was falling asleep after 10 minutes and it was 4 hours long. I deserve a **** medal for not dropping off there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

People who schedule conference calls for 1pm.  I don't care how busy you are.  That should be illegal.

Next time it happens, make a point of eating your lunch on the call. Be sure to munch and chomp on your sarnies as loud as possible.

16 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

"Well I suggest you don't book the conference call for 10am next time, this is when I always poo."

"Doesn't take long though.  It's more of a horse's sneeze".

• Like 1

Apparently Estate Agents don't actually need to check your references for your finances if they don't want to.

Anyone letting out their property beware. They do not bother to do thorough checks on renters like myself but still expect people to pay.

Oh, and a letter to tell me that I owe them money will be sent out which costs £50.

I expect it on gold leaf!

Edited by sexbelowsound

36 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Apparently Estate Agents don't actually need to check your references for your finances if they don't want to.

Anyone letting out their property beware. They do not bother to do thorough checks on renters like myself but still expect people to pay.

Oh, and a letter to tell me that I owe them money will be sent out which costs £50.

I expect it on gold leaf!

While we're on the subject. Estate agents' admin fees. A licence to print money.

• Like 2

Just now, dAVe80 said:

While we're on the subject. Estate agents' admin fees. A licence to print money.

£600 for two people David Keye charge. 

Carefully worded as £300 per tenancy and then in the small print "Any additional tenants £300"

Oh, I have an estate agent one. I can join in.

Currently looking for a house to rent, as mentioned in other threads. 

Found an amazing one in Sutton Coldfield last week. Spotted it the morning it appeared on Rightmove. Phoned them up immediately. COnversation went something like this.

"I'm interested in viewing one of your properties blah blah blah"

"Ok, we can fit you in tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Does that work for you?"

"Well, no. My partner and I both work during the day. Can we view it in the evening? Or the weekend?"

"No, sorry. We only do weekday daytime viewings for all of our rental properties"

"Riiiiight. So what do people like us who work during the day do?"

"I don't know. Our properties are popular enough that we can just do daytime viewings"

"So you can't show us this property in the evening even though we are very interested and will probably sign a contract on the spot if we like it in the flesh?"

"Yes that's correct. We can't keep going backwards and forwards to a property if it's popular because it would be too many visits"

What the ****? Firstly, of course you can keep going backward and forwards to a property. That's what happens when a house is on the market!

Secondly, the house was empty, so it's not like it would annoy anyone!

Thirdly, how the **** are we meant to find a house if that's how it works?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh, I have an estate agent one. I can join in.

Currently looking for a house to rent, as mentioned in other threads. 

Found an amazing one in Sutton Coldfield last week. Spotted it the morning it appeared on Rightmove. Phoned them up immediately. COnversation went something like this.

"I'm interested in viewing one of your properties blah blah blah"

"Ok, we can fit you in tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Does that work for you?"

"Well, no. My partner and I both work during the day. Can we view it in the evening? Or the weekend?"

"No, sorry. We only do weekday daytime viewings for all of our rental properties"

"Riiiiight. So what do people like us who work during the day do?"

"I don't know. Our properties are popular enough that we can just do daytime viewings"

"So you can't show us this property in the evening even though we are very interested and will probably sign a contract on the spot if we like it in the flesh?"

"Yes that's correct. We can't keep going backwards and forwards to a property if it's popular because it would be too many visits"

What the ****? Firstly, of course you can keep going backward and forwards to a property. That's what happens when a house is on the market!

Secondly, the house was empty, so it's not like it would annoy anyone!

Thirdly, how the **** are we meant to find a house if that's how it works?!

Can you take a half day of annual leave and book a few viewings to pick the best one? Seems worth it for such an important decision.

My housemate having a threesome in the living room, a loud three hour one, on a Tuesday night. 

I've no issue with threesomes per-se, but the **** were noisy and my room is right above the living room. And I wanted to nip down for some Cheerios but I felt violated, like there was some kind of kinky home invasion going on only hitting them with a big stick wouldn't have been appropriate.

Though I'm sure I heard a whip at one stage, so perhaps I'm wrong on that...

I've lived with her for 18 months and we get on pretty well. Never had an issue with her bringing blokes home, as long as it's not every night as this is my home after all and I ain't running a knocking shop. So when she txt to say she was bringing her date home I said sound, no drama. She knows if she had said "I'm having an orgy tonight in the living room, that ok" I'd have said bollocks, there's three of you, £30 each for a travelodge. 

I'm 32 years old for **** sake. She's 37. Surely by this age we're supposed to be a bit more respectful of each others personal space?

If there's jizz on man chair I'm going to be so annoyed.  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Â