Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The only time i ever listened to Radio 1 is when I used to listen to the John Peel show, even then I used to tape it and fast forward the talking parts. I haven't got a clue how it sounds these days.

I've not listened to Radio 1 in a very long time. I used to work in the newsroom of a commercial radio station, and their demographic was the same as Newsbeat. 

Said it before, but outside of office hours, radio 1 is actually very good.

Yeah the daytime stuff is pretty poppy and shite a lot of the time.

But the evening shows and especially the weekend stuff is usually very good.

Obviously depends on your tastes

Yeah the daytime stuff is pretty poppy and shite a lot of the time.

But the evening shows and especially the weekend stuff is usually very good.

Obviously depends on your tastes

Id agree with that but frustratingly I rarely get to hear it outside office hours.

Biggest problem with Radio 1 is without a doubt NEWSBEAT

I'm pretty sure it's 15-29 actually.

well I ain't 16-18 so that still includes me

I think the standard gauge of how old u are is how long u can listen to radio 1 for before muttering 'what a load of shite' & turning it off. I last about 30 seconds as a rule and I'm 40.

Nick 'grimmy' grimshaw!!!...god give me strength

Isn't Radio 1's target age demographic 6-13 or something like that?! (ok, slight exaggeration)

18-29

Which I fall into.

**** me, right?!

1arv7.jpg

No way is it 18-29! Are Radio 1 actually saying that??

I'm confused.

Why would they lie about their target demographic?

I used to listen to out of office Radio 1 for quite some time.

There were some pretty big failings for me that gradually meant that I switched off:

1. John Peel, important in my teenage years, dying. Bastard!

2. Rob da Bank and Chris Coco's Blue Room slot being moved to 4-6am on a weekend

3. The Blue Room being axed in favour of some house DJs that lasted all of five mins before they got canned as well

4. Gilles Peterson being moved to a freaky slot- from a Wednesday night at something like 9-12 to some god awful slot on a Tuesday morning or something

Still, some good has come out of it. The Craig Charles funk show and Huey Lewis, Gilles has been moved to 6Music. Cerys' shows pretty good. The only thing I can't abide is Guy Garvey's Sunday service. My god he plays some depressing cack!

I went from really liking the Chris Moyles breakfast show when it first started to absolutely hating it. I guess I started to see through the fact he generally never prepared any material for it and every day was a 3 hour busking session to cling to anything and everything to talk about it to kill time.

Said it before, but people running in the office.

Why? Nothing is so urgent that the 2 seconds you've saved by running that 10 metres instead of walking it is going to matter one bit.

It screams of "Oh look how busy I am I have to run everywhere because I'm sooooo busy"

I'm pretty sure it's 15-29 actually.

well I ain't 16-18 so that still includes me
I think the standard gauge of how old u are is how long u can listen to radio 1 for before muttering 'what a load of shite' & turning it off. I last about 30 seconds as a rule and I'm 40.

Nick 'grimmy' grimshaw!!!...god give me strength

Grimshaw sums up everything wrong with modern Britain. Cannot stand the cretin.

Owners whose dogs are out all night and bark loudly (at 3am in this case) waking up the neighbourhood. Should be legal to batter the owners to a pulp in such circumstances.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would endorse that view.

Still prefer 6 music, but even that during the drivetime hours is pretty mainstream ....

Still, some good has come out of it. The Craig Charles funk show and Huey Lewis, Gilles has been moved to 6Music. Cerys' shows pretty good. The only thing I can't abide is Guy Garvey's Sunday service. My god he plays some depressing cack!

Huey Lewis? (and the News?) ;)  

It's Hip to be Square, you know?

Quite like that Huey Morgan guy too. :P

Also, they saw sense eventually and ditched Bowman! :cheers:

Â