Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Oh, does radio 1 still do changing tracks? The stories about students who's boyfriends **** off and them in a bad place for a few months before they heard a song & it made them pull themselves together, and that song would be something like got to turn around by phats & small

Stevo - I see now. So of this 100,000 or whatever polled regularly they only need to listen to Grimmy Grimmbollocks once during the week to count as one of his 6m listeners?

I'm one of the 9% who can go an entire month or three without listening to the radio once. In fact, I can't remember the last time I intentionally listened to the radio. 2010 maybe...

Bruno Mars - Locked out of heaven

Passenger - Let her go

With the odd Avicii song thrown in.

Played on a loop all day every day on all radio stations it seems. Has been the case for well over a year and doesn't look like relenting any time soon.

One that I keep on hearing recently when I happen to catch the radio (in the gym, barbers etc) is Jason Derulo - Trumpets.

If you haven't heard it, these are actual lyrics from the song:

"Is it weird that I hear

Trumpets when you’re turning me on?

Turning me on

Is it weird that your bra

Remind me of a Katy Perry song?".

I mean....WTF!?

That's the sort of shit that is in the charts today! Anyone at work who admits to listening to Capital Radio, I immediately disregard as being a human being.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, can possibly out-shit Pink's 'Try' for lyrical bollockry.

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try

Didn't know where to put this, but I think here is the right place for now. Guided By Voices have posted on various social media sites, that there will be an "announcement" from them today. If rumours are true, and they're touring in the UK / Europe, then I'll move this to the " things that cheer you up" / "gig" threads. At the moment though, the waiting to find out is pissing me off.  

Well it seems it stays here then. Two dates on their "tour", and both in America. Way to get my hopes up! 

The new Coldplay song is **** terrible.

Pope's Cafflick. Bears shit in woods. sha are crap.

You stated three facts. Well done; you win a sweetie.

Edited by troon_villan

Stevo - I see now. So of this 100,000 or whatever polled regularly they only need to listen to Grimmy Grimmbollocks once during the week to count as one of his 6m listeners?

I'm one of the 9% who can go an entire month or three without listening to the radio once. In fact, I can't remember the last time I intentionally listened to the radio. 2010 maybe...

yeah I think so

Like I said, not very accurate, especially when you consider 1 person represents like a thousand people.

But that's how its done for everyone so I guess its as good a comparison as any.

When driving through inner city Brum I like to tune in to pirate stations just for the laughs . You will often hear shout outs for people in nick ...

"This one is for Jamal.. Mans been on lock for time blud ...big up the D-wing massive, man dem a flex rudeboy "

(13 minutes of drum and bass noise)

Then an advert for Leroy's "harigional" jerk chicken joint in Lozells followed by directions to a house party / illegal rave .

• Like 2

When driving through inner city Brum I like to tune in to pirate stations just for the laughs . You will often hear shout outs for people in nick ...

"This one is for Jamal.. Mans been on lock for time blud ...big up the D-wing massive, man dem a flex rudeboy "

Then an advert for Leroy's "harigional" jerk chicken joint in Lozells followed by directions to a house party / illegal rave .

When I was at uni down south, we used to be able to pick up some of the pirate stations in That London. It was a source of amusement getting them to give shout outs to long forgotten 80s footballers. Things like, "Big up Steve OG from the Cov C Crew. Safe handz blad."  The shit you think's funny when you're stoned out your mind.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

There is a pirate radio station above me in my flat. It's not much different coming out the walls. "Dmmma da da dummda da dumma do dum brap braap braaap!" *2 hours of the bass from drum and bass coming through the walls*

Â