Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who say 'I'm hungry' then go and buy a chocolate bar

When I say I'm hungry I want a fat roast dinner or something like that, people who eat a chocolate bar are not hungry they are bored

I never really get hungry.  If I am on my own in the house I forget to eat and only remember as i am going to sleep.

Not my favourite thing eating,  wastes an awful lot of time.

That's crazy.  I spend most my life looking forward to my next meal.  Food is amazing.

The fact the company I work for is running a competition, to win Club Wembley tickets for the League Cup Final on Sunday, but not providing travel etc. Bugs me that a decent prize, comes with the catch that you'll have to spend a fortune getting to London and back, as they only announced the competition 5 days before the event.

FOI requests. **** you and your attempts at public scrutiny.

Look Eames, I warned you at the time that if you wouldn't tell me your bra size, I would escalate the matter to the proper authorities.

I invented a thoroughly awesome decorating tool that perfectly illustrated why humans have taken command of the earth. I took a professional long handled decorators scraper, about 400mm long with twin easy grips. Using masking tape I then lashed a quality paint brush to it. Thus allowing me to relatively safely reach over the cavernous and treacherous stairwell to paint the inaccessible out of reach bits of wall.

However, due to the wide scraper blade, it won't dip into my pot of paint.

So now I've had to go to the fridge, empty the mushrooms out of their carton and dispense some paint into the wider plastic pot.

Now I need to find a container for my mushrooms.

This recent spate of changed avatars. Given that everything revolves around me, I can only assume you've all done it to piss me off.

The forum change thingy ruined my shapeshifting illusion cube :(

Trouble is, he's loud. He'll take over a cafe or a bar with his voice and I cringe whenever I glance around to see people looking at us.

This describes 90% of Americans. Even when they're trying not to be loud their voices just carry.

I am unfortunately like this. I try to talk quieter when I think of it, but it's not easy to constantly think about.

The red tape within my company is **** ridiculous.

Incredibly pissed off at the moment.

This is the kind of shit that makes people leave the company, and then they wonder why good employees are leaving.

All big companies are the same unfortunately. I suffer the same at my place. So frustrating. 

I'll walk you through what's happening with me.

I've been told, for at least the last 12 months, that I'm due a promotion (a minor miracle considering how much time I spend on VT ;) )

In the middle of last year I was told I was good enough, I'd pushed my way into the top of my peer group and I should start applying for jobs a grade above me.

I did this with a job, didn't get it. That's fine.

I was then told that because so many people were applying for promotions at the moment (the internal vacancy thing is actually quite new within FInance here) they had decided to only allow certain people to apply for promotions. 

Fair enough, that should be me, I'm in the top of my peer group, right?

Wrong, they'd decided to base the "list" off the last year end assessment that everyone had done, 8 or 9 months previous in my case. This meant I was just outside "the list".

So that was annoying, means I've had to bide my time. My next year end is due in 6 weeks time.

Now, my supervisor is leaving. He's a grade above me. He said that I should be allowed to do his job as my promotion. We both spoke to HIS boss, who agreed that he wants me to be promoted into that role. He asked HIS boss, and he also agreed. That's everyone between me and 3 grades above me agreeing.

It would still have to be advertised internally and if anyone else applied, they'd have to be considered. If they didn't, the job's mine basically.

Advertised, nobody applied. Happy days right?

Wrong. The comittee here who decide rotations and promotions etc have said that I can't have it because I haven't had my year end assessment so can't go through the process to get promoted (there's an assessment centre thing). Fine, just let me do it early?

No, that's out of process.

So they are now forcing my boss (his words) to take on an external hire. They'll have to pay her more, it's cost more to recruit her, she doesn't want to work down here because she lives in solihull AND she has a 3 month notice period so won't be able to start until June at the earliest. By which time I'd have done my year end assessment, and my next up assessment to get promoted. Not to mention she'd be coming into the company and starting from scratch, and this job has a LOT of technical knowledge in it so it'll take her months to get up to speed, yet she's supposed to be supervising me. Whereas I know it all now and can do the job now. But I still can't have the job.

So the candidate doesn't want the job, her predecessor doesn't want her to get the job, her new boss doesn't want her to have the job, and everyone wants me to have the job.

But because it's out of process by a month or 2, according to people who don't know anything about the job, I can't have it!

And to top it off, they've asked me to do it, for nothing, for the 3 months until she's hired.

YOU

tl;dr my company is run by words removed.

I'm fuming on your behalf after reading that! I need to throw a chair across a room!

Is anything more bureaucratic than a large multi national organisation? 

Couple of things pissing me off today:

- People who are always 10-15 mins late for work, Leave 10-15 mins earlier you arseholes

- Prolific posters on this site who haven't got an avatar. You know who you are! At last something that fits in with the title of the thread  :)

My sister's friend has come round, apparently to use our bath to bath her kid. It's supposed to be my bath time damn it!

Throw the baby out with the bath water then.

And run yourself a new one.

My sister's friend has come round, apparently to use our bath to bath her kid. It's supposed to be my bath time damn it!

and that your honour, concludes the case the case for the defence.

Â