Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Oh god I forgot so many people in that rambling post a few pages back.

I'm sorry  :blush:

I obviously haven't been insulting you enough lately.....

We have become too pally lately it seems :D

Each to their own so it depends. I really do like Mahler, due to the diversity I've found between his symphonies. He's somewhat overlooked I think

The serious discussion on mental illness and George's break up were nice as well.

It's a place with character. With an Olympic medallist. With AIDS. With DHUTWU. And most importantly, a place where race, job, class etc do not bloody matter and we can forget about the depressing hole that is Aston Villa football club and laugh about VA having a Mustang, me being a teacher, 8p being tall, Laura being angry, Ingram being ghey, Mooney being old, Tony being a Tory, Chris being a sheepshagger, lapal being alpha, Morph being an auntie basher, '91 having unrealistic crushes, CED being apathetic and nihilistic, Ginko being journalistic, walmsley being heathy, levi being lesbiantastic (add your own others) and the best of all Leemond being the angriest, yet most loveable bloke in the history of the internet.

It's not perfect, but it's ours.

This was beautiful.

And I also like this song by Taylor Swift. I blame CED.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

This week's forecast where I am:

Tuesday wx_66.png Partly Cloudy 15°/29°F Wednesday wx_74.png Snow Showers 10°/29°F Thursday wx_74.png PM Snow Showers 11°/31°F Friday wx_65.png Mostly Sunny 15°/25°F Saturday wx_74.png Snow Showers 26°/32°F Sunday wx_74.png Snow Showers 23°/32°F Monday wx_83.png Snow 21°/32°F

The red tape within my company is **** ridiculous.

Incredibly pissed off at the moment.

This is the kind of shit that makes people leave the company, and then they wonder why good employees are leaving.

All big companies are the same unfortunately. I suffer the same at my place. So frustrating. 

I'll walk you through what's happening with me.

I've been told, for at least the last 12 months, that I'm due a promotion (a minor miracle considering how much time I spend on VT ;) )

In the middle of last year I was told I was good enough, I'd pushed my way into the top of my peer group and I should start applying for jobs a grade above me.

I did this with a job, didn't get it. That's fine.

I was then told that because so many people were applying for promotions at the moment (the internal vacancy thing is actually quite new within FInance here) they had decided to only allow certain people to apply for promotions. 

Fair enough, that should be me, I'm in the top of my peer group, right?

Wrong, they'd decided to base the "list" off the last year end assessment that everyone had done, 8 or 9 months previous in my case. This meant I was just outside "the list".

So that was annoying, means I've had to bide my time. My next year end is due in 6 weeks time.

Now, my supervisor is leaving. He's a grade above me. He said that I should be allowed to do his job as my promotion. We both spoke to HIS boss, who agreed that he wants me to be promoted into that role. He asked HIS boss, and he also agreed. That's everyone between me and 3 grades above me agreeing.

It would still have to be advertised internally and if anyone else applied, they'd have to be considered. If they didn't, the job's mine basically.

Advertised, nobody applied. Happy days right?

Wrong. The comittee here who decide rotations and promotions etc have said that I can't have it because I haven't had my year end assessment so can't go through the process to get promoted (there's an assessment centre thing). Fine, just let me do it early?

No, that's out of process.

So they are now forcing my boss (his words) to take on an external hire. They'll have to pay her more, it's cost more to recruit her, she doesn't want to work down here because she lives in solihull AND she has a 3 month notice period so won't be able to start until June at the earliest. By which time I'd have done my year end assessment, and my next up assessment to get promoted. Not to mention she'd be coming into the company and starting from scratch, and this job has a LOT of technical knowledge in it so it'll take her months to get up to speed, yet she's supposed to be supervising me. Whereas I know it all now and can do the job now. But I still can't have the job.

So the candidate doesn't want the job, her predecessor doesn't want her to get the job, her new boss doesn't want her to have the job, and everyone wants me to have the job.

But because it's out of process by a month or 2, according to people who don't know anything about the job, I can't have it!

And to top it off, they've asked me to do it, for nothing, for the 3 months until she's hired.

YOU

tl;dr my company is run by words removed.

Edited by Stevo985

The red tape within my company is **** ridiculous.

Incredibly pissed off at the moment.

This is the kind of shit that makes people leave the company, and then they wonder why good employees are leaving.

All big companies are the same unfortunately. I suffer the same at my place. So frustrating. 

I'll walk you through what's happening with me.

I've been told, for at least the last 12 months, that I'm due a promotion (a minor miracle considering how much time I spend on VT ;) )

In the middle of last year I was told I was good enough, I'd pushed my way into the top of my peer group and I should start applying for jobs a grade above me.

I did this with a job, didn't get it. That's fine.

I was then told that because so many people were applying for promotions at the moment (the internal vacancy thing is actually quite new within FInance here) they had decided to only allow certain people to apply for promotions. 

Fair enough, that should be me, I'm in the top of my peer group, right?

Wrong, they'd decided to base the "list" off the last year end assessment that everyone had done, 8 or 9 months previous in my case. This meant I was just outside "the list".

So that was annoying, means I've had to bide my time. My next year end is due in 6 weeks time.

Now, my supervisor is leaving. He's a grade above me. He said that I should be allowed to do his job as my promotion. We both spoke to HIS boss, who agreed that he wants me to be promoted into that role. He asked HIS boss, and he also agreed. That's everyone between me and 3 grades above me agreeing.

It would still have to be advertised internally and if anyone else applied, they'd have to be considered. If they didn't, the job's mine basically.

Advertised, nobody applied. Happy days right?

Wrong. The comittee here who decide rotations and promotions etc have said that I can't have it because I haven't had my year end assessment so can't go through the process to get promoted (there's an assessment centre thing). Fine, just let me do it early?

No, that's out of process.

So they are now forcing my boss (his words) to take on an external hire. They'll have to pay her more, it's cost more to recruit her, she doesn't want to work down here because she lives in solihull AND she has a 3 month notice period so won't be able to start until June at the earliest. By which time I'd have done my year end assessment, and my next up assessment to get promoted. Not to mention she'd be coming into the company and starting from scratch, and this job has a LOT of technical knowledge in it so it'll take her months to get up to speed, yet she's supposed to be supervising me. Whereas I know it all now and can do the job now. But I still can't have the job.

So the candidate doesn't want the job, her predecessor doesn't want her to get the job, her new boss doesn't want her to have the job, and everyone wants me to have the job.

But because it's out of process by a month or 2, according to people who don't know anything about the job, I can't have it!

And to top it off, they've asked me to do it, for nothing, for the 3 months until she's hired.

YOU

tl;dr my company is run by words removed.

It's a wonder the company makes any profit operating like this. What a complete load of bollocks!

Â