Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The fact that it's costing me £136 to get to Poocastle and back this weekend. I've no idea how they get away with train fares in this country.

Have you already booked it? Bit of a faff but if you book it separately via certain stations (on your trip I reckon maybe Banbury, Birmingham, Sheffield, York- not necessarily all of them!) it should be cheaper. It shouldn't be so difficult though and quite expectedly most people don't go to the trouble which is why fares stay so high.

Not booked yet, waiting for another option to pop up and save me. I'll have a look, will have to work the route out and be prepared to change a lot.

Are you intending to go Oxford - Newcastle and back entirely with Cross Country ?

I dunno is that the country that does the route?

We do yes. Not sure about timings that you may have looked at though 

The fact that it's costing me £136 to get to Poocastle and back this weekend. I've no idea how they get away with train fares in this country.

Have you already booked it? Bit of a faff but if you book it separately via certain stations (on your trip I reckon maybe Banbury, Birmingham, Sheffield, York- not necessarily all of them!) it should be cheaper. It shouldn't be so difficult though and quite expectedly most people don't go to the trouble which is why fares stay so high.

Not booked yet, waiting for another option to pop up and save me. I'll have a look, will have to work the route out and be prepared to change a lot.

Are you intending to go Oxford - Newcastle and back entirely with Cross Country ?

Company not country.  Anyway I'd be looking at going up earlyish on Saturday and after the game on Sunday.

Company not country.  Anyway I'd be looking at going up earlyish on Saturday and after the game on Sunday.

PM on the way 

Company not country. Anyway I'd be looking at going up earlyish on Saturday and after the game on Sunday.

Just had a quick look (I'm really sad and find it ingesting trying to find cheap train tickets) and by splitting your journey on the Saturday morning all on one same train (leaving oxford around 11am) it came to around £50 to get up there, I'm sure you could get it cheaper too.

The stupid Thai bitch who gets the same bus home every day and proceeds to sit in the aisle seat and stare blankly as people struggle to find a seat that is free.

How can you be that ignorant?

There are tossers like this on the train as well. How do you know she is Thai? Just curious! 

The fact that it's costing me £136 to get to Poocastle and back this weekend.  I've no idea how they get away with train fares in this country.

Here's a tip - don't bother! The game will be shit, we'll probably lose and the train will be packed!

'One fail swoop' was another one today. From the same person who has combined the words 'scarce' and 'sparse' to come up with 'sparce'.

Are you pacifically talking about silly mistakes?

I do route planning for a transport company & when we have a specific timed delivery I put it down as S09:00 for example, on the daily planning log.

I got asked the other day why I put an 's' before the time and I said 'it means specific'...he replied 'so why do u put an s??'

:-(

Also, the people who think their bag needs a seat.

Well, if you're happy to sit on my (huge) cock which I've (hopefully not obviously) hidden, quite ingeniously, under my manbag on the adjacent seat then go ahead. Don't be surprised if...actually be surprised. :D

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I know it must be awful for the victims of the recent floods, having to watch their homes totally ruined and not being able to do anything to stop it, but........

I just don't get some people laying the blame squarely at the feet of the government. I just don't know what anyone can do to make a significant difference.

Trains are now the preserve of the wealthy. They are no longer run as a public service, but as a profit making operation for the benefit of the shareholder.

Thank you Tories/Major.

They 'get away' with the fares they charge because people pay those fares. Like yourself. They may moan and say thing like 'bloody rip off', but if people then pay those fares, they'll keep charging them. Thus train travel becomes for the well off only (onless you are 'lucky' enough to find a cheap ticket, 2 months in advance, at 6am, on an inconvenient train on a date that you don't really want to travel on)

he only left office 17 years ago it's not like anyone had time to change anything Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

People typing sight instead of site.

Baby bores on Facebook.

A certain store that asks me at the till if I want to donate a pound to charity.

Kate Thornton.

When people throw their toys out of the pram.

Anything to do with Elvis Presley.

Too many bits in my orange juice.

Not enough bits in my orange juice.

• Like 1

People typing sight instead of site.

Baby bores on Facebook.

A certain store that asks me at the till if I want to donate a pound to charity.

Kate Thornton.

When people throw their toys out of the pram.

Anything to do with Elvis Presley.

Too many bits in my orange juice.

Not enough bits in my orange juice.

I'm with you on all of these except two - I don't want ANY bits in my OJ, and Kate Thornton (because I have no idea who she is). 

Â