Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The absolute **** discrace of a 'debate' about Benefits on Channel 4 right now.

Journos and MP's slinging mud at each other with personal insults and blindingly regurgitating stats as opposed to answering simple questions.

Car crash television.

It was horrendous.  Owen Jones was the only one worth listening too.

The absolute **** discrace of a 'debate' about Benefits on Channel 4 right now.

Journos and MP's slinging mud at each other with personal insults and blindingly regurgitating stats as opposed to answering simple questions.

Car crash television.

It was horrendous.  Owen Jones was the only one worth listening too.

Haven't watched any of it, no inclination to do so. TV is shit enough without this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

The fact that it's costing me £136 to get to Poocastle and back this weekend.  I've no idea how they get away with train fares in this country.

Trains are now the preserve of the wealthy. They are no longer run as a public service, but as a profit making operation for the benefit of the shareholder.

Thank you Tories/Major.

They 'get away' with the fares they charge because people pay those fares. Like yourself. They may moan and say thing like 'bloody rip off', but if people then pay those fares, they'll keep charging them. Thus train travel becomes for the well off only (onless you are 'lucky' enough to find a cheap ticket, 2 months in advance, at 6am, on an inconvenient train on a date that you don't really want to travel on)

• Like 1

The fact that it's costing me £136 to get to Poocastle and back this weekend.  I've no idea how they get away with train fares in this country.

Trains are now the preserve of the wealthy. They are no longer run as a public service, but as a profit making operation for the benefit of the shareholder.

Thank you Tories/Major.

They 'get away' with the fares they charge because people pay those fares. Like yourself. They may moan and say thing like 'bloody rip off', but if people then pay those fares, they'll keep charging them. Thus train travel becomes for the well off only (onless you are 'lucky' enough to find a cheap ticket, 2 months in advance, at 6am, on an inconvenient train on a date that you don't really want to travel on)

Yep, true, I am trying to avoid rail whenever possible now.

How much profit dot he bastards make though?  Surely there should be some measures in place to control how much profit can be made at the expense of consumers that need the service.  Don't get me started on peak time fares.

How can most other countries I've been to provide a much superior service at a fraction of the price?  Is rail publicly owned in places like Germany?

Edited by Wainy316

Thank you Tories/Major.

How much profit dot he bastards make though?  Surely there should be some measures in place to control how much profit can be made at the expense of consumers that need the service.  Don't get me started on peak time fares.

How can most other countries I've been to provide a much superior service at a fraction of the price?  Is rail publicly owned in places like Germany?

I could be wrong but I think German rail is state owned and they also own part of the British franchises. Your £136 will improve German rail.  :thumb:

The fact that it's costing me £136 to get to Poocastle and back this weekend. I've no idea how they get away with train fares in this country.

Thank you Tories/Major.

How much profit dot he bastards make though? Surely there should be some measures in place to control how much profit can be made at the expense of consumers that need the service. Don't get me started on peak time fares.

How can most other countries I've been to provide a much superior service at a fraction of the price? Is rail publicly owned in places like Germany?

I could be wrong but I think German rail is state owned and they also own part of the British franchises. Your £136 will improve German rail. :thumb:

Good I plan to **** off there and use their improved facilities.

Thank you Tories/Major.

I am not wealthy, I have a season ticket and it works out at 2 quid a pop per journey, thats a bargain, from stafford to west brom. The trains arent massively crowded either.

Â