Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Ive just done one of those online situational tests for a job I quite wanted. I failed it. 

I completed the test without really knowing anything about them and I answered trying to second guess what I thought they would want. I answered with some 'check with manager' type answers and it seems that's not what is wanted. Problem is, I manage myself at work, I identify what need to be done and do it. 

Anyone got tips on these things. 

I spent a lovely day yesterday treating my Mother and older sister to a trip to Stratford.  Stayed over at the parent's house last night and thought I'd check the oil this morning on the car before the drive back down to Portsmouth.  I opened up the bonnet and what a mess! The oil cap has seemingly vanished and there was oil all over everything - I'm surprised I got back to Birmingham at all.  I don't know what's more worrying - how the oil cap can somehow disappear, how I never noticed, how the engine oil light never came on (there was hardly any left in!).   I've managed to fit a bung for the time being (with much inventiveness by the Old Man) and I made it back with bung intact.  Now to source a new oil cap for an old Toyota Aygo... 

48 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Ive just done one of those online situational tests for a job I quite wanted. I failed it. 

I completed the test without really knowing anything about them and I answered trying to second guess what I thought they would want. I answered with some 'check with manager' type answers and it seems that's not what is wanted. Problem is, I manage myself at work, I identify what need to be done and do it. 

Anyone got tips on these things. 

I once encountered one of these when I applied for a job at HSBC, once presented with it I clicked the red cross in the top corner, I don't want to work for a company who thinks that the results of these bullshit 'tests' contain relevant information.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's been done to death, but

"GET IN THE HOLE!!!" being shouted at the golf.

How long until these utter word removed holes realise that it's not remotely funny?

Or the more recent variant "Go Home". Apart from anything else, it makes no sense. The ball doesn't live in the hole - it's the one place it spends less time than anywhere else.

I know the Ryder Cup is supposed to be a bit more high energy but it's just annoying in the extreme.

Edited by choffer

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Or the more recent variant "Go Home".

I know the Ryder Cup is supposed to be a bit more high energy but it's just annoying in the extreme.

Shortly after I wrote the OP I heard some guy scream "MASH POTATOES!!" instead.

I will shamefully admit that I did chuckle at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Shortly after I wrote the OP I heard some guy scream "MASH POTATOES!!" instead.

I will shamefully admit that I did chuckle at that.

It was quite amusing once eight years ago.

I'm with McDowell on this one:

Edited by snowychap

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Or the more recent variant "Go Home". Apart from anything else, it makes no sense. The ball doesn't live in the hole - it's the one place it spends less time than anywhere else.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb2041d4b6a644c77

I've converted currency to pounds for y'all.

My nice leather couch (3seater & 2seater) cost £850, and it's pretty schmik.

The less expensive futon like couch that the kids lay about on in the main family area cost £500.

I do think that £1000 is getting on the expensive side but when you compare the kinda money people waste on fancy cars I'd much rather invest it on a sofa.

When we bought our first house my Mrs was looking at couch worth nearly £2000, she asked if there was anyway we could afford it?

I replied, yes! With your half of the divorce settlement....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

It just depends what you're in to, Shirley?

Personally, I'd consider £300 for a games console roughly £300 too much. £100 on some daps is £88 too much.

I'd have a thousand quid sofa before I'd have a £600 sofa, a pair of daps and a console. I'd have a thousand quid sofa before I had a cheaper one and then spent eighty quid a month on booze or fags.

But then, I'd spend a tenner on a vinyl album when I could have downloaded the song I liked for 79p.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I have a neighbor who is always sort of frazzled who includes me in her self-deprecation. Really annoying.

I can’t help but think your statement needs more detail to be of interest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Personally, I'd consider £300 for a games console roughly £300 too much. £100 on some daps is £88 too much.

I'd have a thousand quid sofa before I'd have a £600 sofa, a pair of daps and a console. I'd have a thousand quid sofa before I had a cheaper one and then spent eighty quid a month on booze or fags.

But then, I'd spend a tenner on a vinyl album when I could have downloaded the song I liked for 79p.

Daps might need some interpretation ?

i spent £200 on vinyl this week

Still wouldn't spend more than £500 on a bed

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

iam-serious-and-dont-call-me-shirley-31366962.png

• Like 1

Spend your money on what you want. 

Don't let other people tell you, you're spending it wrong, unless it's the bank. 

I have no idea what I spend money on.  I don't have many hobbies.  And yet I'm no richer than I would be if I did! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Spend your money on what you want. 

Don't let other people tell you, you're spending it wrong, unless it's the bank. 

I have no idea what I spend money on.  I don't have many hobbies.  And yet I'm no richer than I would be if I did! 

Locksmiths for the straightjacket?

Â