Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Ooh. I'd love to go see that. I just fancy a nice night out in Liverpool, tonight, maybe take in some music.... I'll get the reliable Northern rail train service there and back...

6 piggin' months this has been going on. Words removed.

Worse tomorrow. Add a Northern Rail RMT strike into the mix

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Worse tomorrow. Add a Northern Rail RMT strike into the mix

I know, it's come to some rotten state when Northern rail makes merseyrail look half decent. It's not a rail service it's a disgrace.

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know, it's come to some rotten state when Northern rail makes merseyrail look half decent. It's not a rail service it's a disgrace.

Miseryrail is apparently one of the most on-time services in the country because they run trains "semi-fast" at the drop of a hat when they are late i.e. they miss out stations, so people have to get off at different stations and wait for another train, making them late but the train they were on, was on time!

Northern, on the other hand, have worked out that it is cheaper to pay the passenger compensation for cancelling a train than it is to pay the rail regulator fines for being late. Cancelled trains do not get a regulator penalty

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"Semi-fast".  I've never heard of that one before.  That's disgraceful.  I'd be taking a "semi-shit" in their bogs after a few of those.  Or as Bruce used to say, I'd be 'there or thereabouts'.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Semi-fast".  I've never heard of that one before.  That's disgraceful.  I'd be taking a "semi-shit" in their bogs after a few of those.  Or as Bruce used to say, I'd be 'there or thereabouts'.

You imagine there are toilets? What decade do you expect these trains are from? (The 1970's!)

The two rail companies mentioned have the oldest rolling stock on the entire network. To be fair Miseryrail are having their complete stock replaced in 2020. Northern are just getting some new ones now but I doubt Pete will see them on his line... ever

• Like 1

You'd think this was a massive coincidence... us talking about Northern Rail and a Massive event on in Liverpool this weekend... and it being a Friday night anyway...

But it's not, it happens all the friggin time (and no, the majority of Northern trains do not look like that)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

My local station is Southern and atm they're being outshited by South Western, which takes some doing!

Failing Grayling should just be put down.

The Tories claim rail privatisation was very successful, they said so only the other week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

they run trains "semi-fast" at the drop of a hat when they are late i.e. they miss out stations, so people have to get off at different stations and wait for another train, making them late but the train they were on, was on time!

I once got a Northern Fail train from Preston back to Lytham, summertime a few years back. After the footy, I think, or maybe cricket. Anyway, for whatever reason the train went at breakneck speed through every stop (not stopping) on the line, fair rattling along, going past people waiting on the platforms at 70 miles an hour or whatever - startled looks all round. It got to Blackpool North (end of the line). Sat there for 15 minutes, then another driver got on, and it trundled back, stopping most stops on the way and I was eventually able to get off at Lytham. There was no announcement, no explanation, nothing. Bloke must have been on a promise or something.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I used to think I was the champion Grumpy Old Man of VT, but I can't hold a candle to you. 

I'm just pissed off because I have a gig tonight with Pete, in the middle of all this bollocks (and the closest station is shut) and a surprise 70th Birthday Party for an old friend tomorrow, again in the middle of all this bollocks

Oh and the Geese won't be quiet

And the Tories

And Labour

And and and

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I used to think I was the champion Grumpy Old Man of VT, but I can't hold a candle to you. 

Don't get him started on candles.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The Tories claim rail privatisation was very successful, they said so only the other week.

Probably would be if it weren't  for striking staff all the time :ph34r:

7 hours ago, bickster said:

effin big puppets. City at a standstill. 3 whole days of this bollocks

I love that I read this post right after I saw this exchange between a couple of friends:

A: GIANT PUPPETS

B: OH WOW!!!

B: COOL!

A: I'm PSYCHED

A: I wanted to see these bad boys for years!!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I love that I read this post right after I saw this exchange between a couple of friends:

A: GIANT PUPPETS

B: OH WOW!!!

B: COOL!

A: I'm PSYCHED

A: I wanted to see these bad boys for years!!

:lol:

If it was the only event that stuffs up the city in a year I'd be less of a  curmudgeon but we have the marathon, the half marathon, the bike ride, the 10k, some other fun run, some daft motor racing spin your car round and leave rubber on the road, the triathlon, the Santa Dash, Pride and that's just off the top of my head

On 03/10/2018 at 21:01, villa4europe said:

i have no idea what i spend mine on either, all i know is that i get paid on the 26th of each month and if on the 25th there is £17.34 in my account then that £17 of that is getting spent

a guy at work once told me he had a wage rollover, where he had the full value of a months pay packet still in his bank come pay day, which was annoying as **** at the time because i was a trainee on the breadline earning about £9k a year but later with time and now a position where i might even be able to do that myself i honestly just dont get it, i love spending money, i'm brilliant at it

Don't you ever worry about the future? 

I was shit with money in my early 20's so I have gone completely the other way now!

Â