Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Wezbid said:

My neighbours have Sky Glass on the shared wall that's plasterboard. Drives me insane. They live in an end terrace and could put it on the opposite wall.

I hate them.

People just display a huge lack of consideration. whether its intentional, or just by ignorance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Have you mentioned it to them? 

If they ignore you they are words removed. 

Yes, it went down for about a week and then back to it. They don't care. 

I told them again last week when my little lad couldn't sleep with the booming. They said they don't hear us, I said yeah, because we haven't mounted a speaker to a shared wall and try and be respectful.

It's been lower over the Easter weekend but the door slamming, shouting etc has increased instead. 

Some people are just absolute helmets unfortunately.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I told them again last week when my little lad couldn't sleep with the booming. They said they don't hear us, I said yeah, because we haven't mounted a speaker to a shared wall and try and be respectful.

It's been lower over the Easter weekend but the door slamming, shouting etc has increased instead. 

Ahh. Sorry man. Shitty neighbours are the worst. 

Maybe put up a false inner wall with some insulation between. Should reduce some of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ahh. Sorry man. Shitty neighbours are the worst. 

Maybe go round, kidnap them, give emm a kicking, an leave them naked down the moors 😆

FFY

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Sometimes the only way is to fight fire with fire - you have to do something to purposefully annoy them, something louder after they try to get to sleep, so they can understand what you're going through when they do hear you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Sometimes the only way is to fight fire with fire - you have to do something to purposefully annoy them, something louder after they try to get to sleep, so they can understand what you're going through when they do hear you.

Yeah I'd probably invite some pals round and have 4am party. 😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

FFY

We're about to get new neighbours both sides. Hope I don't have to go through that shit twice. 

Current neighbours have been as close to perfect as you get without having an incredibly fit daughter/wife. 

• Haha 1

Flight home was cancelled 4 hours ago, I'm still in brum airport trying to get a hotel sorted, chaos here, shite from lufthansa to cancel 2 flights this afternoon but brum airport getting people from airside back to landside is piss up in a brewery stuff

30 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I think that will have about 1% of helping in the long term :lol: 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Flight home was cancelled 4 hours ago, I'm still in brum airport trying to get a hotel sorted, chaos here, shite from lufthansa to cancel 2 flights this afternoon but brum airport getting people from airside back to landside is piss up in a brewery stuff

Lufthansa are a shitshow at the moment. We got really lucky missing strikes in specific airports by one day on both outbound and return flights. We did luck out (or driven by the strikes / fewer customers) having free seats available though.

Sitting in a middle 3 (in a 3-3-3) layout with a spare middle seat so you both have aisle access is about as good as it gets for a couple in economy (or a middle w4 with 2 spare of course).

30 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Lufthansa are a shitshow at the moment. We got really lucky missing strikes in specific airports by one day on both outbound and return flights. We did luck out (or driven by the strikes / fewer customers) having free seats available though.

Sitting in a middle 3 (in a 3-3-3) layout with a spare middle seat so you both have aisle access is about as good as it gets for a couple in economy (or a middle w4 with 2 spare of course).

On the way out here I paid for seats so the 2 bookings I've got could be together and they moved us on the morning of the flight 

Got to sort that out when I'm home, paid £30 something for specific seats and didn't get them 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Got halfway through jet washing the patio which is caked in mud from this winters run off from the lawn when the jet washer stopped. Burnt out motor. Now I've got a half sparkling and half filthy patio, and I need to buy a new jet washer. 😡

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Got halfway through jet washing the patio which is caked in mud from this winters run off from the lawn when the jet washer stopped. Burnt out motor. No I've got a half sparkling and half filthy patio, and I need to buy a new jet washer. 😡

Important question: have you drawn a cock n balls?

This isn’t personal, I just really want it to have burnt out whilst you were admiring a patio cock n balls.

• Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Important question: have you drawn a cock n balls?

This isn’t personal, I just really want it to have burnt out whilst you were admiring a patio cock n balls.

Funnily enough I was thinking of doing exactly that after an earlier post on these very pages, but Mrs Sidcow was watching my work so fortunately never got the opportunity to get creative. 😂

• Like 1

All TV shows (Apple, Netflix, Amazon... doesn't matter) all have exactly the same opening credits sequence and almost identical music.

It's very annoying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

All TV shows (Apple, Netflix, Amazon... doesn't matter) all have exactly the same opening credits sequence and almost identical music.

It's very annoying.

The music in 3 body problem is identical to WestWorld. The composer just copied and pasted. It's awful.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The music in 3 body problem is identical to WestWorld. The composer just copied and pasted. It's awful.

That was exactly the title sequence that prompted me to post this!

• Like 1

We moved back to the middle of nowhere a while ago now. I've been trying to convince MrsVM that the local surgery is not all officious and nasty to you when you phone them up like the one in Cardiff. Anyway, I got MrsVM to fill in all the registration forms and all that back before xmas and I personally hand delivered them to reception (I think in November IIRC). She has been spoken to appallingly in the past by receptionists in Cardiff and is rather nervous about speaking with them as a result at the best of times. Whereas some of us don't blink at having to phone the doctors up, It's a bit of an understandable thing, given her past experiences, that she has to psych herself up for.

Today was the first time she had reason to call them and they had no record of her at my current address whatsoever. So they've lost the previous form and presumably the confidential medical information attached, they couldn't/wouldn't book her an appointment or a phone call (despite being on their records previously as a temporary patient, so existing on their database) and obviously - as a speedy resolution is not an option - speed is kind of of the essence medically in this instance too. Just an annoying time to have internal proceedure quoted back to her when it's their error. 

It's one of those unfortunate errors that is not that hard to rectify but the damage, mentally, is hard to either explain or to quantify. I love my local surgery, I find them friendly, helpful and I can usually speak to a doctor within 24 hours of contacting them. I'm gutted for her that the first time she's reached out to them for help has been a beurocratic clusterfunk. I know it will probably stop her reaching out for help in the future and it just further reinforces some of the negative outcomes she was worried about in the first place.

Â