Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Xela said:

People conducting job interviews in coffee shops. 

My last job before this one, the interview was in the Pret aManger opposite Snow Hill. 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My last job before this one, the interview was in the Pret aManger opposite Snow Hill. 

I had one in the coffee shop on Coleshill High Street, how the **** I kept my trap shut when square head Craig Gardner walked in, I will never know.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Xela said:

People conducting job interviews in coffee shops. 

What if the job is “working in a coffee shop “ ? 

edit - ffs I need to learn to read the very next post before making witty replies  :(

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

What if the job is “working in a coffee shop “ ? 

In the office/room at the back? I just think conducting a job interview in a public place is not fair. Maybe i'm overthinking it. 

Perfect for this thread though as it shouldn't piss me off...

1 minute ago, Xela said:

In the office/room at the back? I just think conducting a job interview in a public place is not fair. Maybe i'm overthinking it. 

Perfect for this thread though as it shouldn't piss me off...

I’m with you on it , my pet hate is people that conduct business calls in public places , our gym has a no phones policy and yet some hotshots  still take calls as they walk on  the treadmill, or in quiet zones on the trains , just delegate and stop being a control freak so that the company won’t collapse if you are away for more than 30 mins 

• Like 2

Some of the members on this site that lose their shit on a weekly basis just because other members get annoyed when we lose (or throw away a handy lead).

I’m certainly not as bad as twenty years ago but I like a good moan. Ok some may go a little OTT but it’s a match thread , if you were actually at Villa Park you’d probably say a lot worse.

These “bed wetting “ accusations really need to stop , it’s just people getting caught up in the moment. 
Best thing to do if it pisses you off?

Don't log in!

• Like 4

I've been watching a channel 5 tv series "such and such" map of Britain. 

Picks a subject and discusses the history and development, looks at national features.

So far I've watched Canals, Railways and Motorways and you would think Birmingham did not exist.

Everything about The North and London. 

How can you do a frigging show about Canals and ignore Birmingham. Not even Gas Street Basin? How can you do a show about Motorways and not even mention Spaghetti Junction.  

Busiest Railway station outside of London and heart of the Railway network?  Even the frigging map of HS2 they had showed the actual line bypassing the name Birmingham on the graphic. 

It has to be deliberate? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've been watching a channel 5 tv series "such and such" map of Britain. 

Picks a subject and discusses the history and development, looks at national features.

So far I've watched Canals, Railways and Motorways and you would think Birmingham did not exist.

Everything about The North and London. 

How can you do a frigging show about Canals and ignore Birmingham. Not even Gas Street Basin? How can you do a show about Motorways and not even mention Spaghetti Junction.  

Busiest Railway station outside of London and heart of the Railway network?  Even the frigging map of HS2 they had showed the actual line bypassing the name Birmingham on the graphic. 

It has to be deliberate? 

Have you ever read up on the history of the canal and railway systems of the UK?

It really wasn’t that important in the development of either.

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you ever read up on the history of the canal and railway systems of the UK?

It really wasn’t that important in the development of either.

It wasn't just history. It was development through time, the cities affected, important features, the current state of the infrastructure, the future etc. 

No way is Birmingham a side note in all of that for Canals, Roads and Rail. 

• Like 1

The way Vincent Kompany dresses. Just catching up with MOTD. My guy has a baseball cap that looks like it's come from Bescot Market, and Top Man blazer and a plain t-shirt. Man looks like he's on Broad Street in 2001. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

The way Vincent Kompany dresses. Just catching up with MOTD. My guy has a baseball cap that looks like it's come from Bescot Market, and Top Man blazer and a plain t-shirt. Man looks like he's on Broad Street in 2001. 

Yet the brand of jacket he wears (moose knuckle) is typically near £1000 to buy (peanuts to him) but looks - like you say - top man-ish. Scott Parker's cardigans with the four hoops on the sleeve.....nice enough... but how much ?!??!

Edited by mottaloo

Glory hunting media picking up on Russ Cook's (Hardest Geezer) insane mission across Africa now he's finished.

Where were you on a rainy Tuesday night in Guinea???

Edited by StefanAVFC

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Yet the brand of jacket he wears (moose knuckle) is typically near £1000 to buy (peanuts to him) but looks - like you say - top man-ish. Scott Parker's cardigans with the four hoops on the sleeve.....nice enough... but how much ?!??!

Managers should either go full suit or full tracksuit.

Imagine waking up before a big game with Spurs and thinking 'Honey, does this cap match my moccasins'? 

On 06/04/2024 at 19:05, rjw63 said:

Some of the members on this site that lose their shit on a weekly basis just because other members get annoyed when we lose (or throw away a handy lead).

I’m certainly not as bad as twenty years ago but I like a good moan. Ok some may go a little OTT but it’s a match thread , if you were actually at Villa Park you’d probably say a lot worse.

These “bed wetting “ accusations really need to stop , it’s just people getting caught up in the moment. 
Best thing to do if it pisses you off?

Don't log in!

Bit like people getting annoyed that people are posting in a thread about an ex player... ;) 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Sounds like knock off adidas

16 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Sounds like knock off adidas

Made by Thom Browne (yeah, me neither) for an eye watering £1350 😮

7d8d4675-ff3f-4103-bd23-1d99e1654b5a.webp

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Made by Thom Browne (yeah, me neither) for an eye watering £1350 😮

7d8d4675-ff3f-4103-bd23-1d99e1654b5a.webp

Just need a Primark cardie, a ruler and a pot of Humbrol "surrender white" and you can have that look for less than £30

• Haha 1

Â