Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bit like people getting annoyed that people are posting in a thread about an ex player... ;) 

You mean the thread that some massive word removed named after me?

Yerrrrs ☹️🤪

• Haha 1

People getting annoyed in other threads about people commenting that people are getting annoyed that people are posting in a thread about an ex player 😝😝

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

People getting annoyed in other threads about people commenting that people are getting annoyed that people are posting in a thread about an ex player 😝😝

Have you been posting on Reddit? There’s a thread on the villa sub that’s highly similar 🤔

Alexa.  Such a typical bloody woman.  It's never HER fault is it?   It always looks like a problem with the router.  YOU'RE NOT PERFECT LOVE! Sometimes it's YOU that needs the re-set.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Alexa.  Such a typical bloody woman.  It's never HER fault is it?   It always looks like a problem with the router.  YOU'RE NOT PERFECT LOVE! Sometimes it's YOU that needs the re-set.

Happy to add to the Alexa submission.

The amount of people (ancedotally, friends and family) who are completely dependant on Alexa is **** weird.  I understand the usefulness - it can save seconds per command - but I find it so odd.  "Downstairs lights off", "Alexa, timer 10 minutes", "Alexa volume 6" etc.  Very simple things to achieve without Alexa, but now funnelled through it.  But one slight mishear, and something else happens instead... which then requires a reversal of the misheard command and another request.  Time now not saved at all.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Happy to add to the Alexa submission.

The amount of people (ancedotally, friends and family) who are completely dependant on Alexa is **** weird.  I understand the usefulness - it can save seconds per command - but I find it so odd.  "Downstairs lights off", "Alexa, timer 10 minutes", "Alexa volume 6" etc.  Very simple things to achieve without Alexa, but now funnelled through it.  But one slight mishear, and something else happens instead... which then requires a reversal of the misheard command and another request.  Time now not saved at all.

Me: “Alexa Announce”

Alexa: Hmm I don’t know that one

Yes you **** do!!!

ours responds to Echo rather than Alexa (i read the manual and changed it )  , if we refer to my sons pet gecko , then the device will chirp in with "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that"  but on the whole it behaves itself

But i use it to play music and that's about it , I'm not sure I'd ever use it for anything else   ?? 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ours responds to Echo rather than Alexa (i read the manual and changed it )  , if we refer to my sons pet gecko , then the device will chirp in with "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that"  but on the whole it behaves itself

But i use it to play music and that's about it , I'm not sure I'd ever use it for anything else   ?? 

We use ours either for playing music or announcing that dinner is ready. Thats it.

Posted (edited)

Once you use the voice recognition/speech feedback on the chat gpt app then it makes Alexa and Siri look crap in comparison. And I mean in terms of recognising your voice and the way it speaks back 

Edited by Stevo985

Voice recognition talk triggered me.

The current versions of Google's (UK) voice to text that they released in January - utter bobbins. 

If anyone is setting up to use this, revert to the legacy edition in your google account settings

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Me: “Alexa Announce”

Alexa: Hmm I don’t know that one

Yes you **** do!!!

Me: "Alexa, make an annoucement"

Alexa: "What's the annoucement?"

This works for me.

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

Me: "Alexa, make an annoucement"

Alexa: "What's the annoucement?"

This works for me.

Yeah, it usually works. Every now and again she gets confused.

As I mentioned above though, for me specifically she’ll say “good afternoon” before doing the announcement and then the wife will look at me like I’m having an affair with her.

I have a version in my car. I now have voice recognition, gesture control, steering wheel buttons all to do something that I could also just reach across and press a button for.

It was a novelty for a week to announce ‘play Baxter Dury’ but I’ve sort of reverted back to just pressing the button now.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

As I mentioned above though, for me specifically she’ll say “good afternoon” before doing the announcement

Can you train it to say "Good ebening"? 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Shudder. I refuse to have anything to do with those monstrosities. 

Same. 

I don't class myself as a luddite, but i've only just discovered cruise control on my car. 

Â