Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Well on traffic lights the set near me has changed so the direction with most traffic is on for a fraction of the time and the space between their red and our green is (count it) about 20 seconds...and I can't grasp why. It's just making traffic queues.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Being still deep in my mammoth Photo Archiving Project, I've kind of come round to this idea. I've got hundreds and hundreds of digital photos, and while I don't necessarily want to start 'culling' them, I'm seriously thinking of selecting the best ones and getting prints, to add to the now uniform set of albums - 'continuing the story' without having to switch media, as it were. 

We've got an electronic photo frame with a greatest hits photo compilation on it that we switch on from time to time or when people are round. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

We've got an electronic photo frame with a greatest hits photo compilation on it that we switch on from time to time or when people are round. 

Do you keep it in the photo frame shed when you're not using it?

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've done that kind of thing, too. 

But I've come back to the photo albums approach. It's just better, somehow. 

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Being still deep in my mammoth Photo Archiving Project, I've kind of come round to this idea. I've got hundreds and hundreds of digital photos, and while I don't necessarily want to start 'culling' them, I'm seriously thinking of selecting the best ones and getting prints, to add to the now uniform set of albums - 'continuing the story' without having to switch media, as it were. 

I'd recommend photo books instead of albums.

Essentially the same thing but you can get them actually printed into a book now. Companies like Photobox will let you do this and it's easy to arrange the photos on the app or website to get them how you want.

Then they send you a book, like a proper hardback book, with all the photos printed onto the pages.

Same effect as an album but without the faff of having to print everything off and stick them into an album yourself.

My sister did one for her wedding and it's brilliant. And we've done smaller ones for major milestones in my son's life. First birthday, first holiday, that sort of thing.

Really nice mementos 

• Like 3

On 07/02/2023 at 06:56, Seat68 said:

Are they deliberately taking the piss? It must be a click bait headline. It is Bonnie Raitt, this is not some obscure indie singer. It’s Bonnie Raitt. I see unknown country singer Willie Nelson won a couple too. 

@il_serpente

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

As part of the review into the inadequate and dangerous maternity practices at NUH, the chief exec has finally deigned to meet with us along with other families who've been key in initiating an independent review into their failings. As part of that he's going to make a public apology in front of the media. We know this because his assistants have contacted us to ask what we'd like him to say :rolleyes:

"He could try being sincere".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd recommend photo books instead of albums.

Essentially the same thing but you can get them actually printed into a book now. Companies like Photobox will let you do this and it's easy to arrange the photos on the app or website to get them how you want.

Then they send you a book, like a proper hardback book, with all the photos printed onto the pages.

Same effect as an album but without the faff of having to print everything off and stick them into an album yourself.

My sister did one for her wedding and it's brilliant. And we've done smaller ones for major milestones in my son's life. First birthday, first holiday, that sort of thing.

Really nice mementos 

Yeah, I'm considering that. But I now have four new uniform albums full, and the OCD is telling me I have to stick with that style. 

• Like 1

It's about an hour's journey on the London Overground to my girlfriend's place darn sarf. I reckon about 25% of the journey I have reception. Another 25% my phone tells me I have no reception. The other 50% is my phone telling me I have reception, when in fact I have **** all. 

Oh, and I'm on BT, which uses the EE network and it's usually solid. But I can't use EE wifi hotspots even though its the same **** company. 

Oh, and we're trying to leave/renegotiate with Virgin Media. None of the live chat links, throughout their website, work. Click and nothing. The only way to do it is speak to someone. 

There is a WhatsApp chat where you can do a live chat, but they take hours to reply; were still waiting for them to reply from four days ago. 

The hold music is awful and you can't turn it off. It's also terrible sound quality. 

God I hate them. 

Upside down speed camera signs.

There’s one at the end of my road and I hate it. It’s made me notice more of them and I’d say about 10% of them are upside down.

This photo was tweeted by another sad act who gets annoyed at them.

IMG_8473.thumb.jpeg.0da5b76e133403d4a69ae582d2493667.jpeg

If I’m honest, I can’t even tell you how I know it’s upside down, but it is.

Edited by Paddywhack

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Upside down speed camera signs.

There’s one at the end of my road and I hate it. It’s made me notice more of them and I’d say about 10% of them are upside down.

This photo was tweeted by another sad act who gets annoyed at them.

IMG_8473.thumb.jpeg.0da5b76e133403d4a69ae582d2493667.jpeg

If I’m honest, I can’t even tell you how I know it’s upside down, but it is.

They're for the Australians.

• Haha 3

Old complaint, but anyway.

This bollocks.

IMG_8810.jpeg.db4f35b3c98fd4b88c899a7665e6a2be.jpeg

I reckon when they type it out they always start with Arsenal and then they’re reminded of AFC Bournemouth.

They then ask their line manager whether they should put the “AFC”, but they’re told no don’t bother, just put “Bournemouth”.

And then a small part of them dies forever.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Anthony said:

Oh, and we're trying to leave/renegotiate with Virgin Media. None of the live chat links, throughout their website, work. Click and nothing. The only way to do it is speak to someone. 

There is a WhatsApp chat where you can do a live chat, but they take hours to reply; were still waiting for them to reply from four days ago. 

The hold music is awful and you can't turn it off. It's also terrible sound quality. 

God I hate them. 

I was with virgin for years, they’ve just been taken over by O2, has that not happened to you?

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I was with virgin for years, they’ve just been taken over by O2, has that not happened to you?

Only the mobile phone service isn’t it?

They have amazing deals now. If you pick up a cheap o2 sim and you’re a VM customer you get double data, your broadband speed increased and free data roaming extended from EU to many other RoW customers. You also get 20% off if you have more than 1 sim.

I’m paying £4 per month for unlimited minutes and texts, 20GB data that I can use in the USA for free later this year. I also got £22 from Quidco. 

Virgin broadband is still shit though. They keep dropping the price every time I try to cancel it 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anthony said:

It's about an hour's journey on the London Overground to my girlfriend's place darn sarf. I reckon about 25% of the journey I have reception. Another 25% my phone tells me I have no reception. The other 50% is my phone telling me I have reception, when in fact I have **** all. 

Oh, and I'm on BT, which uses the EE network and it's usually solid. But I can't use EE wifi hotspots even though its the same **** company. 

If I need to travel to somewhere about an hour away on the Overground, I need to plan for a couple of days travel (longer if a Sunday is involved). I stay at home where my EE signal is fine, but I don't need it as the WiFi works.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

…and you’re a VM customer you get double data,

How do you double unlimited?
Ive had unlimited for years, doesn’t every company basically do unlimited these days?

Â