Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Tests when applying for a job. It's a tedious process anyway to look for a job but all this variants of tests is doing my head in.

So many psychometric tests are such a load of bollocks. I've known some companies where the hirer gets so pissed off because they've interviewed and found someone who they know is good but HR block the hire because of some daft psychometric test results. 

• Like 2

My friend worked in recruitment. On one job he supplied 20 suitable applicants. When he showed them to the manager of the company. He threw half of them away without looking at them. My friend asked in disbelief why. The guy replied you don't want to employ unlucky people.

• Haha 3

A mate of mine was hiring, found a guy, interviewed him and he was perfect. HR came along and said he spectacularly failed the personality tests.

When they told him he wasn’t successful he wrote them an expletive laden email to them all calling them words removed and he wasn’t going to stay even if he got the job. 

• Haha 3

Dunno if it's still the case, but as recently as the 1990s, most French companies insisted on handwritten  job applications, as they took handwriting seriously as an indicator of personality, and employed 'experts' to assess them - despite the fact that it has has much scientific validity as astrology. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

A mate of mine was hiring, found a guy, interviewed him and he was perfect. HR came along and said he spectacularly failed the personality tests.

When they told him he wasn’t successful he wrote them an expletive laden email to them all calling them words removed and he wasn’t going to stay even if he got the job. 

I want to take their personality test :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

So many psychometric tests are such a load of bollocks. I've known some companies where the hirer gets so pissed off because they've interviewed and found someone who they know is good but HR block the hire because of some daft psychometric test results. 

My 16yr lad just had to go through a 100 question assessment for an HSBC apprenticeship. At the end of it he said to me "not sure I really want to work here Dad"

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Tests when applying for a job. It's a tedious process anyway to look for a job but all this variants of tests is doing my head in.

My job application was quite simple really.I am a qualified plastic technician ( with 5 certificates in Extrusion,Blow molding,Compression moulding ,injection moulding and P.E.T. moulding.When I applied for a job at the largest plastic factory in Perth,I was turned down because my certificates were not valid in Australia.I can understand that but instead of letting an applicant just go ( with all that experiance and knowledge ) I would have thought taking me on as a leading hand/foreman or similar would have been a better move on the part of the company.Instead I went on to work as a storeman/forklift driver for a soft drink factory.Such is life.

They have just done the road outside our house. I thought the days of sticky tarmac and gravel surfacing was a thing of the past. I'm not very happy having to use my brand new car as a steam roller everytime I drive down it.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

They have just done the road outside our house. I thought the days of sticky tarmac and gravel surfacing was a thing of the past. I'm not very happy having to use my brand new car as a steam roller everytime I drive down it.

Did the tarmac smell good though?

• Haha 1

Â