Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

It did used to have a Hooters there though.

That certainly brought a couple of redeeming features. 

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Not sure, I’m on about what they’ve just knocked down, don’t get me wrong, it was an oppressive concrete block with the Maccies and dingy shops inside plus the Wetherspoon BUT it had a function and a few shops to look in inside, now it’s just faceless glass buildings going up either side that don’t seem to have any purpose once done. 

The new buildings have restaurants at the bottom then prime office space above, Brum is competing with Manchester for "cheaper than London move your business here" and thinks it's winning thanks to HS2 but it needs more offices, snow hill redevelopment plus that plus the trams and then what's coming next around digbeth and around curzon street it will get there

They've opened up Chamberlain and Victoria squares rather than having paradise circus blocking it all cutting it off, it makes sense 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Have to echo above sentiments, hadn’t been to the city centre for around 5 years and went up on Wednesday. What a **** hole.

The smell of cannabis was literally everywhere, as were angry drunks, wannabe gangster yoots congregating everywhere, the amount of homeless is depressing and the lack of soul/atmosphere was quite stark. It all just felt a little bit off. Not unsafe or anything, just a bit weird.

As someone who walks around Brum every day I do agree with you. The amount of sketchy looking people around has grown massively over the years. Crime seems to be on the up and there always seems to be some incident making the headlines of the Birmingham Live website. Only last week a 20yo girl was stabbed in Bull Street and had her handbag stolen. She is still critical. Dale End area resembles a ghetto now with gangs hanging around fighting each other. Homelessness is through the roof and a lot are very aggressive. I always thought I'd love to live in the City Centre but no way now, I can't wait to get out of it after work. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2019 at 17:11, Seat68 said:

I had mine on indoors 2 weeks ago as they were prescription ones. My wife reminded me that I was a clearing in the woods. 

Me too, yesterday. Always wear my prescription sunnies on a long drive because the eyes get less tired. Always forget to swap when we stop for a shop or something, always look a tit. Never care

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

This may be the last you hear from me, I'm off to Windsor with infanticide in mind

Remember to take your prescription sunnies off first otherwise you'll look a tit. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The royal slosh bucket has popped one out so that’s all we’ll hear about for a week or two. 

So last week, I've gone beyond pissed off into an apoplectic rage at the mere mention of a Southern English County. Even fawning kniobheads make me want to visit the dentist for a scale and polish

2 hours ago, bickster said:

So last week, I've gone beyond pissed off into an apoplectic rage at the mere mention of a Southern English County. Even fawning kniobheads make me want to visit the dentist for a scale and polish

Don't take this the wrong way, mate, but I don't they're saying "Kent"...

• Haha 2

On 03/05/2019 at 22:06, il_serpente said:

have you tasted a good ginger beer?

Absolutely love Fentimans ginger beer.  It's what I'll miss most once Brexit happens*.

* cuz that shit is already expensive, but it'll be absolutely eye-watering afterwards

• Like 1

When you watch a film set in a poverty stricken society, or a dystopian film, or a film where a guy is depressed or an alcoholic or living on the edge.....and the main character is built like a brick shithouse and ripped to buggery.

Just how and why?

clearings in the woods that walk out from shops in a total oblivion and right across your path without evening looking where they are going and not even realising you are walking towards them!

- and that's without any device in their hands!

Wakey wakey!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

clearings in the woods that walk out from shops in a total oblivion and right across your path without evening looking where they are going and not even realising you are walking towards them!

- and that's without any device in their hands!

Wakey wakey!!

These people also drive cars

• Haha 1

Referencing back to traumas of the recent past posted by myself and Stevo... I see the Oral B advert has now the dropped the crucially excruciating 'I didn't even know Oral B made a toothpaste' moment from their advert. That mad, hyperactive clearing in the woods bint is still mouthing off about bums and hips and shite, but much less grinding of the mental gears now follows.

I'm less pissed off about Oral B than I was before, and I feel I can move on with my life 👍

• Haha 1

Â