Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I had a fail for exactly that. An old dear with a walking stick,about 2 meters from the crossing. The examiner seemed to think she was about to turn in to Usain **** Bolt. About 3 minutes of awkward silence later, she crossed the road.

Was it in Wednesbury? I bet it was the same examiner. He actually failed me twice! 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I never wave or thank a driver when they are obeying the rules of the road (or at least the etiquette of the road).

Those traffic chicanes I moaned about earlier in the thread, it pisses me off even more when the person I'm waiting for flashes their lights or waves to say thanks.

It's give way. I don't have a choice. If I did I wouldn't be letting you through, word removed.

Waves should be for when drivers do something they didn't need to do.

I disagree, I drive around all day for my work from job to job and even though people don't technically need to wave or acknowledge you, it's those little deeds that keep me sane after ignoring all the bellend's that cut me off and won't let me in.

It's worth noting that those people cutting me off probably don't caculate the damage my 4wd and 1 tonne trailer could do to them. Luckily I drive like everyone else is stupid, and am usually alert. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

Had an argument with my examiner on my first test.

He failed me as I'd apparently lost control and been rolling backward during my reversing around a corner bit of the test.

I pointed out that the reverse bit had been up hill. So to have uncontrollably rolled backward would have been against the laws of gravity. He had a little think, then said, well that's what you failed for.

Failed for defying gravity in a 950cc mini. Prick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched a doc on a controversial zoo in Cumbria. Shocking how that place is allowed to be open. Rate of deaths is incredible under the previous boss. Current staff were trying but just weren’t educated and I suspect, qualified enough. The management were more concerned with tripadvisor reviews than the welfare of the animals and couldn’t give a stuff about conservation. The stuff they were coming out with was the level of what I’d expect the local pets at home staff to be at. Absolutely shocking. 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

He failed me as I'd apparently lost control and been rolling backward during my reversing around a corner bit of the test.

I pointed out that the reverse bit had been up hill. So to have uncontrollably rolled backward would have been against the laws of gravity. He had a little think, then said, well that's what you failed for.

I do have a wry smile, when someone I talk to on a message forum smashes another with basic Science. They go up in my estimation.

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I failed for "driving through a gap that wasn't big enough"

My reply of "Well we got through it so it must have been big enough!" wasn't enough to get me a pass.

It's weird really, I was 100% sure I'd passed that test. I honestly thought he was joking when he said I'd failed.
My second test I was 100% sure I'd failed after the first minute because of something I did. But I passed.

• Like 1

Sometimes, I catch up with tunes that I grew up with from the 80s and 90s on YouTube, then check out the comments on how people feel about the songs now. Often, I come across comments such as " Like if you are watching in 2017", or whatever.

Oh just f### right off. Are you so pathetic, and desperate for acknowledgement that you have to go begging for likes on frikkin' YouTube?

From me, you will get an automatic dislike. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

That walking football is popular nowadays.  I have to say I always found there's a balance between not being arsed and running round like a clearing in the woods like it's the FA Cup final.  Nothing worse than people go running round like a Duracell rabbit taking it ultra seriously.

This. There's running into space and then there is running around like a lunatic and taking the space away. I play at the back so my movement is usually very lateral unless there is an obvious run forward. Movement should be about providing options, not just moving for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I failed for "driving through a gap that wasn't big enough"

My reply of "Well we got through it so it must have been big enough!" wasn't enough to get me a pass.

It's weird really, I was 100% sure I'd passed that test. I honestly thought he was joking when he said I'd failed.
My second test I was 100% sure I'd failed after the first minute because of something I did. But I passed.

I failed for a stupid reason too.

The test went amazingly, on our way back to the test centre. In Lichfield there's this stupid roundabout that has a pedestrian crossing literally on the roundabout. Stupid **** design. I'd be driving (with parents) in Lichfield for 17 years and never once seen this crossing be red.

It was red, I didn't see it. Examiner slammed the breaks. Game over.

I remember on my test having to do parallel parking, my least favourite of the manoeuvres. I did alright but at the last moment I felt one of the back wheels touch the  kerb. I didn’t mount the kerb, but I could feel I grazed it. 

After that I continued my test with no pressure as I’d assumed I’d failed. Hearing the examiner saying I passed was a surprise (first time too, get me). He did mention the kerb, saying I had noticed a bit of resistance in the back wheel but otherwise he didn’t seem bothered. I’d assumed it was an automatic fail.

Agree with pedestrian crossings just off roundabouts, really pisses me off.

• Like 1

I failed my first test just because I was dangerously shit at driving.  In the end he put my out my misery about halfway through and he drove us back to the centre.  Passed next time somehow, and for the first six months on the road I was petrified.  I did get better over time to be fair.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I remember on my test having to do parallel parking, my least favourite of the manoeuvres. I did alright but at the last moment I felt one of the back wheels touch the  kerb. I didn’t mount the kerb, but I could feel I grazed it. 

After that I continued my test with no pressure as I’d assumed I’d failed. Hearing the examiner saying I passed was a surprise (first time too, get me). He did mention the kerb, saying I had noticed a bit of resistance in the back wheel but otherwise he didn’t seem bothered. I’d assumed it was an automatic fail.

Are you by any chance fond of fairly obscure Reggae, because this is pretty much me?!

Exactly the same scenario in my test. I did my reverse park, clipped the curb, and assumed that was an automatic fail. After a moment of dread, I calmed down, and just cruised through the rest of the test, with no pressure. When he told be I'd passed, I was shocked. He mentioned the reverse park, and the curb, but said as I'd corrected it straight away, there wasn't an issue. I didn't argue.  

Edited by dAVe80
  • Haha 1

First time I failed as I grazed the curb coming to a stop, that and driving so close to a hedge it battered the car. The retake was the morning after I flew in from greece. Except my plane was delayed, so I was up all night waiting for a plane, sped down the motorway and go to the test centre 5 minutes late, I passed. 

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I failed for a stupid reason too.

The test went amazingly, on our way back to the test centre. In Lichfield there's this stupid roundabout that has a pedestrian crossing literally on the roundabout. Stupid **** design. I'd be driving (with parents) in Lichfield for 17 years and never once seen this crossing be red.

It was red, I didn't see it. Examiner slammed the breaks. Game over.

:o

Failure to see a red traffic light doesn't really qualify as a 'stupid reason' Stef. ;):P

• Like 1

Â