Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Wimps. On the bus on the way in on Monday morning. Or just claim the dog ate it. 

Oh I’ve done my fair share of homework in the 20 minute morning break time before the lesson. Never had to catch a school bus, I was always within walking distance.

Sunday morning was always the designated time for the homework that I felt I couldn’t fudge in the last minute. 

Luckily our year group tutor groups was done in sets and I was in the top one so had plenty of boffins to copy off during registration in the morning.  History or English essays I had to do on Sunday mornings but anything else was a candidate for last minute copying.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That was the intention when I went home on Friday every week. "I will do it when I get home then the weekend is all mine." I never did.

Friday night became Saturday morning, Saturday morning became Sunday morning, Sunday morning became lunchtime, lunchtime became tea time, tea time became bedtime, bedtime became before school, before school became breaktime before class, before class became during class, until I just had to tell the teacher I hadn't done it.

Hated it. I didnt find it difficult, I just didn't want to do it.

Basically, that was my life all through high school AND university. I don't know why I did it, it made me stressed and miserable. 

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That was the intention when I went home on Friday every week. "I will do it when I get home then the weekend is all mine." I never did.

Friday night became Saturday morning, Saturday morning became Sunday morning, Sunday morning became lunchtime, lunchtime became tea time, tea time became bedtime, bedtime became before school, before school became breaktime before class, before class became during class, until I just had to tell the teacher I hadn't done it.

I still have the occasional nightmare about being in high school and being totally unprepared for an exam.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Feeling old.

I head to the pub tonight as I’ve got a free night.

Chatting to the lovely young new barmaid of my local about music venues in Brum, in particular the carling/o2 academy.

Her blank looks as I reel off the names Interpol, ash, Idlewild, bloc party and Belle & Sebastian was dispiriting. The realisation that those bands that I once loved as a younger man haven’t had a lasting cultural impact is a tough one to take.

I have so far resisted the temptation  to put “girl from mars” on the jukebox.

Just leave her alone pal, she's too young for you and your appalling music taste* :P

* Ash being the exception! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was never the studious type, hence why I left school with barely any qualification and never went to uni! 

I'd struggle even now to do coursework for professional qualifications. I know I'm clever enough, I just lack the discipline. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Didn't realize how awful that music is :wacko:

51 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I still have the occasional nightmare about being in high school and being totally unprepared for an exam.

Me too. It's usually a geography exam, for some reason. In the dream, I suddenly realise that not only have I not done any of the coursework, or read any of the textbooks, but I have somehow 'forgotten' to go to any of the classes, for the previous two years. And the exam is tomorrow. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Me too. It's usually a geography exam, for some reason. In the dream, I suddenly realise that not only have I not done any of the coursework, or read any of the textbooks, but I have somehow 'forgotten' to go to any of the classes, for the previous two years. And the exam is tomorrow. 

Scarily similar to one I often have, I've skipped all my lessons at college without anyone realising and suddenly it's exam day.

• Like 1

Talk of office bogs in another thread reminded me of this scene of rectal carnage I came across the other day at work. This may even trump (pun intended) some of @Chindie's toilet horors. 

First of all, I am sorry for posting. Secondly NSFW and thirdly, just look at the **** brush

Spoiler

image.png.0b52a3d1f377b27a5aa584320a41b4c4.png

Edited by Xela
sorting link out
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Talk of office bogs in another thread reminded me of this scene of rectal carnage I came across the other day at work. This way even trump (pun intended) some of @Chindietoilet horors. 

First of all, I am sorry for posting. Secondly NSFW and thirdly, just look at the **** brush

Hide contents

There's no way anyone can make that much mess and not need a shower afterwards.  They must have done the rest of their shift stinking of shit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Talk of office bogs in another thread reminded me of this scene of rectal carnage I came across the other day at work. This may even trump (pun intended) some of @Chindie's toilet horors. 

Reveal hidden contents

That's tame.

The burnt pineapple in a sea of diarrhea is an image (and smell) that will live long in the memory. I can't comprehend what the **** that was, or how whoever it came out of managed to get it there. They must have walked like John Wayne for days afterwards.

The above would have been a muttered '...for **** sake **** tramps...' on the office toilet rank-o-meter. It goes up to yelled 'what the **** is that?! ...**** words removed!', which has been invoked more often than should ever be needed.

I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Shit smeared up the bowl and onto the seat. I've seen piss spattered across the floor and up the door. All things I will sadly never forget, indelibly burnt onto my retinas. **** dirty bastards.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a pretty good ice rink of George Michael, that.  Which is ironic.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2018 at 22:22, Shropshire Lad said:

Feeling old.

I head to the pub tonight as I’ve got a free night.

Chatting to the lovely young new barmaid of my local about music venues in Brum, in particular the carling/o2 academy.

Her blank looks as I reel off the names Interpol, ash, Idlewild, bloc party and Belle & Sebastian was dispiriting. The realisation that those bands that I once loved as a younger man haven’t had a lasting cultural impact is a tough one to take.

I have so far resisted the temptation  to put “girl from mars” on the jukebox.

It's not all bad news, I'd go out with you. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This is exactly what I used to do as well.

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've seen some monstrosity in work toilets in my time. I don't get why it hasn't Been flushed away! What's wrong with people!?

P5Ei1rN.jpg

(Stolen from the phunnay thread)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â