Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why don't they give it a name like TV tax for a more accurate description then? Avoid the confusion

Are we the only country in he world where you need authority to use a TV?

It's such an out dated bullshit system

I* happily pay a license fee in Norway, so no. 

*I'm being slightly dishonest. My wife doesn't trust me to pay bills in time, so won't let me near them. Which is for the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that a TV licence is required for equipment that is used to recieve any television service as it's broadcast live, whether it can receive BBC services or not.

You are correct, TV License is required for viewing or recording live broadcasts on any device.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that a TV licence is required for equipment that is used to recieve any television service as it's broadcast live, whether it can receive BBC services or not.

No, you're correct. Sky transmit BBC anyway. I was going to lead into this one step at a time and educate about the evil BBC :)

Ha, thought you knew of a crafty workaround.

It is a curious definition, these days. I don't much care about the TV licence, I don't pay it as I stick to Netflix and Amazon Prime, but it's only a matter of time before it becomes a TV/Broadband licence, and anyone with an internet connection has to pay, I think, which I'm not too keen on for purely selfish reasons.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

agreed, particularly with stuff that clearly the company has no control over - i.e. hostel room was rubbish as couple nearby had loud sex. 1 star.

arrived at hotel and it was minus 4 degrees outside. 1 star.

tried to use the hoover to trim the hedge and clean the lilo whilst in the pool after drinking 5 pints. Broke. Company would not give me refund. DO NOT BUY.

Reviews for the hotel I stayed in on Holiday last year included

"The club played too much Spanish music"

"Some hotel staff didn't speak English"

It was in Mexico.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Reviews for the hotel I stayed in on Holiday last year included

"The club played too much Spanish music"

"Some hotel staff didn't speak English"

It was in Mexico.

my all time favourite was that there wasn't a Starbucks near the hotel  , think the same reviewer also got ripped off by a taxi driver and held the hotel personally responsible , even though he had ignore their suggestion to take one from the front of the hotel and walked around the corner to flag one down on the street  .... gotta love Americans

TV shows like "Death in paradise" I mean the police dont bother with evedence or proof. Every week the main actor just comes up with how the murder could have been commited and he calls everyone together and arrests 1 person, and to make matters worse the suspect just gives in and accepts his arrest.FFS, where is the proof ? 

With hotels, I've got to a point now that if there's a Novotel nearby, I just book that without shopping around, be it for work or hols or an afternoon delight.

They're always clean, rooms are a decent size, surroundings are never noisy, just everything is perfectly efficient and acceptable.

Move off the main grid and in to towns that only have 'independents' and it quickly becomes crazy lucky dip time. I'm looking at you, Woodbridge, Suffolk.

18 hours ago, limpid said:

Your TV licence pays for the BBC. All of it. An independent broadcaster in a world where that is becoming rare. An institution to be proud to support.

Hmmmmm.

• Like 1

Dog walkers on the sidewalk with really long extentable leads. It means I either have to walk really slow, to stay behind the person or really fast to take over the dog. And I can't walk inbeetween because then the lead is in the way. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I have lost count at the number of places that advertise Buffalo wings ...but serve plain old chicken wings :angry:

That wasn't a joke about buffalos having wings by the way . 

Buffalo wings should be served in some vinegar based hot sauce  Grrrrrrrr!

• Like 1

On 20/02/2016 at 19:24, Meath_Villan said:

Went to the atm to take money out and walked away leaving it in the **** machine !!!!

I did this about five years ago, sometime last year I got a letter from the bank saying they had transferred the money back into my account.

Maybe it got sucked back in somewhere, but they sure took their sweet time.

Â