Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When I clear the history on my phone, for like...you know..different reasons, whatever, it's started logging me out of VT.

As if I've got time to be logging back in all over the place, I'm far too busy wan..washing clothes and things.

Google, facebook and twitter logins are all available for logging in to VT for your convenience.

When I clear the history on my phone, for like...you know..different reasons, whatever, it's started logging me out of VT.

As if I've got time to be logging back in all over the place, I'm far too busy wan..washing clothes and things.

Incognito Mode

• Like 3

The advert promoting Chris Moyles' return to the airwaves.

"Hmm, which music video can I pastiche to highlight how relevant I am to today's music scene?"

"I know-'Bitter Sweet Symphony', that's original. Contemporary too."

At times like these, I wish were deaf.

Walking into my kitchen this morning to find it under an inch of water.  Looked around in a panic to see water flowing out of my washing machine (turned off).  Quickly turned off the main supply and spent the morning mopping up followed by using a hair dryer to try to stop the seepage to the flat below through the laminate.  Turns out it is probably a nackered inlet valve on the machine itself.  My laminate still squelches when walking on it, various rugs etc I had lying around are wrecked and I'm yet to find out if the flat underneath has suffered any damage.  Not a great start to the working week.  

Walking into my kitchen this morning to find it under an inch of water.  Looked around in a panic to see water flowing out of my washing machine (turned off).  Quickly turned off the main supply and spent the morning mopping up followed by using a hair dryer to try to stop the seepage to the flat below through the laminate.  Turns out it is probably a nackered inlet valve on the machine itself.  My laminate still squelches when walking on it, various rugs etc I had lying around are wrecked and I'm yet to find out if the flat underneath has suffered any damage.  Not a great start to the working week.  

This happened to me the other day except I caught it a bit sooner but only because my neighbour from downstairs came banging on my door. My landlord is an actual clown and put down slate tiles in the kitchen with no grouting in between so the water went straight through. Worst part was it went through their light socket so for the duration of the clean up I was getting mild electric shocks.

I was on the receiving end of something similar a while back. On three separate occasions I found water coming through my kitchen ceiling from the flat above. Silly bint in the flat above refused to answer the door each time even though I knew she was in. Ignored all my notes through the door and when I got the managing agents involved she flat-out denied anything had ever happened. Repairs at my cost, naturally.

I've just opened the fridge at work and a full pint of milk just fell and spilled everywhere.

Seconds earlier a colleague had just balanced it in there and hadn't put the lid on right.

I said "Oh, I'm sorry!". She said, "That's alright, just buy me another one on your lunch". I laughed because I thought she was joking, but I don't think she was.

She carried on making her drink, so I grabbed a load of paper towels and started mopping it up.

She said "Oh leave it, the cleaner will do it later."

Yeah, yeah, good idea. I'll just leave this full pint of milk on the floor in the break room until the cleaner gets here at 4 o'clock.

• Like 3

Â