Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes is released tonight, a new documentary. The director says the timing is a complete coincidence. I expect it'll be a must-see. It's on Sky and Now TV.

I’m kind of addicted to Chernobyl after the HBO drama series. I found it fascinating and it was probably the best thing I’ve ever watched. 

May of already been posted but the Untold collection on Netflix is superb. 

I thought the Ice Hockey one was brilliant but then I watched 'Malice at the Palace', without spoiling it, its absolutely nuts!! There is also one about some woman boxer in the US, that was a bit mental, the Tennis player Fish and Caitlan Jenner. Great series, hoping they do more cos I've watched them all about 3 times now!

I also watched a documentary on Netflix, can't remember the name, about some Basketball player who was match fixing. He had some guy getting him to do it and then the guy was going to Vegas and betting mental amounts on the points differences in games. 

Last one I watched was Athlete A, sad to see the extent they tried to cover the abuse to those gymnasts up.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2022 at 19:11, UpTheVilla26 said:

I thought the Ice Hockey one was brilliant but then I watched 'Malice at the Palace', without spoiling it, its absolutely nuts!! There is also one about some woman boxer in the US, that was a bit mental, the Tennis player Fish and Caitlan Jenner. Great series, hoping they do more cos I've watched them all about 3 times now!

Off the back of your post I watched Malice in the Palace today and thought it was really good. Going to watch the rest of the series over the next few days.  Cheers for recommending it. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2022 at 19:11, UpTheVilla26 said:

I thought the Ice Hockey one was brilliant but then I watched 'Malice at the Palace', without spoiling it, its absolutely nuts!!

On 05/09/2021 at 00:02, Brumerican said:

I thought this was superb . Absolutely nuts.

Agree I Agree GIF - Agree I Agree Could Not Agree More - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 1

On 23/01/2022 at 23:52, KentVillan said:

The Puppet Master on Netflix has completely floored me. It's really well made and an incredible story about a conman who tells people he works for MI5... a fantastic little 3-part docuseries that is exactly the right length for the story it needs to tell.

But you'll be raging by the end of it.

That's putting it mildly.  I genuinely watched this and the pizza bomber documentary back to back then spent 3 hours staring at the wall doing this.

Kill Em All GIFs | Tenor

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Downfall: The case against Boeing. (Netflix)

Probably best avoided if you're twitchy about getting on planes but just reaffirms that big corporations are evil and only care about the shareholders.

8/10

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watch blood brothers on there as well, goes in to more detail about him and Ali

The book is good too 

I watched this after watching the movie one night in Miami. I never knew Ali and Malcom X had that relationship in regards to how it turned out.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I watched this after watching the movie one night in Miami. I never knew Ali and Malcom X had that relationship in regards to how it turned out.

One night in miami is a good shout too, I didn't know about the Dylan influence on Sam Cooke until that

Its probably mentioned in it but try the 2 killings of Sam Cooke on Netflix 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Watched the trailer and quite fancy this. If it was C4 I would know what I was getting, 60 minutes on a Tuesday night, Netflix like to do a 24 part telling of Savile. If it's a single episode I will watch it. 

I watched the Netflix Savile documentary tonight. I can't get over how people couldn't see what he was. The first episode gives the background to his rise to prominence/fame the second details his shocking abuse. 

I hadn't realised just how close he was to the Tory Government and Thatcher in particular. 

No positives from a program like this obviously but I am glad who they gave the last word of the documentary to though. 

Edited by markavfc40

Â