Where will we finish ?

Swansea haven't the firepower we have.

NOBODY. Has. The firepower we have :)

Not even President Obama, the US Military or the Joint Chiefs Of Staff :)

Mind you, all of the above have read every email I have sent today and know what I've posted on Villatalk. I doubt whether our forward line do.

According to Sky Sports Breaking News, thanks to intercepting a certain VT posters posts today, Sky sources understand that President Obama is  now believed to be preparing a trillion dollar offer to take Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann to the Whitehouse to use as War Heads in their latest nuclear testing.

Also, a manhunt is now on for briny_ear who is apparently guilty of breaking Villa's Official secrets act. ;)

The Mods are currently investigating :)

Swansea haven't the firepower we have.

NOBODY. Has. The firepower we have :)

Not even President Obama, the US Military or the Joint Chiefs Of Staff :)

or Tottenham hot spurs
  • Like 1

This reminds me a lot of MON's second season.

I remember before that season, pundits were nearly universally predicting us to finish bottom half, 15th ish, that sort of thing.

And on here everyone was saying how hilarious it will be when we're actually good and we surprise everyone.

THat's how I feel about this season. I'm not as sure as I was at that time. But I think it's a similar situation. I think neutrals are expecting us to be the same as last season. I think we'll surprise a lot of people.

• Like 3

This reminds me a lot of MON's second season.

I remember before that season, pundits were nearly universally predicting us to finish bottom half, 15th ish, that sort of thing.

And on here everyone was saying how hilarious it will be when we're actually good and we surprise everyone.

THat's how I feel about this season. I'm not as sure as I was at that time. But I think it's a similar situation. I think neutrals are expecting us to be the same as last season. I think we'll surprise a lot of people.

They underrate us at their own peril. I mean, it's pretty obvious that we should in theory do better this season given that there's not been so much change this summer.

1st. Why not?

Sky wouldn't allow it.  Sure haven't they already re-jigged our Chelsea match to take us out of the title race early :P

I'm honestly not sure where we will finish.

We could still be in a relegation battle if the defence keep letting in howlers.

We could push for a Europa League place if we really kick on from last season.

But I actually think we'll be somewhere in the middle. We won't be outstanding, but we won't be as bad as we were last year.

I think the team will really benefit from having a long pre-season with the new signings, the new players will be comfortable playing in our side and we'll finish...... 11th.

I keep swinging between wild optimism based on the combination of pace, power, movement and interplay we have up front, to agonised concern that our defensive frailties will leave us chasing games too often and unable to hang on to precious leads when we need to.

But this is how the build-up to a season should feel! The tantalising possibility of greatness allied to the stomach-knotting anxiety that it could all go horribly wrong.

Our tough start adds to this. I can easily envision us hammering an impressive amount of goals past the supposed top sides we begin against, and also see us capitulating pitifully as our defence buckles under pressure.

Been a while since I've gone into a season feeling like this, though, so the anxiety notwithstanding, I think I'll just try to enjoy it :)

• Like 1

for me with a little bit of luck and no major injuries would take out 6th.

we were one of the form teams towards the end of last year. if we can pick up where we left off we could push on. lethal attack, options in midfield and gained experience in defence.

• Like 1

I also think that we will surprise a few people.

Having said that, it takes time.

I feel sure we will keep improving, but might be a bit soon for tackling Arsenal, Chelsea and LIverpool, EXPECTING a win....just looking forward to witnessing the gradual improvement.

I also think that we will surprise a few people.

Having said that, it takes time.

I feel sure we will keep improving, but might be a bit soon for tackling Arsenal, Chelsea and LIverpool, EXPECTING a win....just looking forward to witnessing the gradual improvement.

Gradual schmadual ;)

wow you guys are optimistic.. no way we finish in the top 8.

10th i will be happy with. progress. Hopefully we can threaten the top 8 but i doubt our defence will be good enough

The sky 4 will obviously finish above us

Liverpool and Spurs will 100% finish above us

and I'm 99% sure Everton Swansea

So therefore I think 9th would be a superb premier league season but if I was a betting man I would say we will fall around the 10th - 12th mark

Got to tighten up that bloody defence though for it to happen

wow you guys are optimistic.. no way we finish in the top 8.

10th i will be happy with. progress. Hopefully we can threaten the top 8 but i doubt our defence will be good enough

Last season West Ham were 10th. You don't think we can finish higher than them? I think 8th/9th should be our goal. If we can punch our weight with Swansea then that would be a very good improvement and a successful season. If West Brom could do it, I'm sure we can.

Â