Where will we finish ?

Defence is still a major worry for me as we haven't (yet) purchased that dominant CB we need to deal with crosses coming into our box. Teams will continue to target this area and i am hoping that Okore might step up to the mark on that but we'll see?

Midfield has a little more strength with Delph and Sylla coming to the fore but i feel we're still short of balance in there with no AM and i'm not sure that we still won't be over run in there when we come up against the top six.

Our saving grace this season will again be the front three who will trouble everyone if they stay fit but some of the teams around us have already strengthened also so i'm going for a slight improvement this season with us finishing 12th.

Defence is still a major worry for me as we haven't (yet) purchased that dominant CB we need to deal with crosses coming into our box. Teams will continue to target this area and i am hoping that Okore might step up to the mark on that but we'll see?

Midfield has a little more strength with Delph and Sylla coming to the fore but i feel we're still short of balance in there with no AM and i'm not sure that we still won't be over run in there when we come up against the top six.

Our saving grace this season will again be the front three who will trouble everyone if they stay fit but some of the teams around us have already strengthened also so i'm going for a slight improvement this season with us finishing 12th.

Okore will make a big difference. He is excellent. If Luna can defend (which is looking less certain), we'll be better than fine in defence.

Okore played 45 mins yesterday but was hardly tested. The Premier League is a tough test for any CB. Hope he hits the ground running.

My concern is that our pre-season hasn't been intense enough compared to many of our rivals, but I guess you can never be too sure until the season starts.

All things being equal I can see us mid table, above the Baggies (with a bit of luck).

• Like 1

Okore is a very highly rated youngster and who knows, maybe he'll make a big difference in defence for us?

We saw it with Benteke last season, incredible things can happen. I'm not saying he'll pull a Benteke but he really does look promising.

I'm very confident we'll be nowhere near the relegation places this season. Top half finish and I've even put money on it.

I could definitely see ninth. The big six and Everton, who I think will be very good provided they keep their squad together, will probably be too good, but after that it's kind of a free for all. However, I think either Swansea or West Ham or maybe a different side will finish ahead of Villa as well. Swansea because they've continued to make smart moves, and West Ham because you can never underestimate Big Sam.

I could definitely see ninth. The big six and Everton, who I think will be very good provided they keep their squad together, will probably be too good, but after that it's kind of a free for all. However, I think either Swansea or West Ham or maybe a different side will finish ahead of Villa as well. Swansea because they've continued to make smart moves, and West Ham because you can never underestimate Big Sam.

Fair enough, although I'm not a fan of "The big six" as a statement and I believe 'Big Sam' is often overestimated.

• Like 1

Swansea were brilliant the other night, Bony has fitted in very well. Normally teams that play in Europe early start the season in great form, we did a couple of times in the Intertoto. On the flip side if they have a long run in the Europa league then that could well catch up with them. That said, I fully expect Swansea to finish in the top 10 again.

On Okore, I really hope in time he could become a sort of Vincent Kompany, seems to be of a similar build.

I'm not a fan of "The big six" as a statement and I believe 'Big Sam' is often overestimated.

Zactly. There is no "Big Six". Nobody included us in a "Big Six" when we finished sixth three years in a row.

There are six clubs with a wage bill that's higher than the rest of the league by a decent margin. They have more financial power. That's what I'm going off of.

Hey Rovers 13 - Now that you've had that near miss with `Wee Barry` what are your expectations for Rovers this season.

Will it be the classic Coronation St version of a Rovers return? And are you expecting to crash & burn out of both domestic Cup competitions when you get drawn against us at Villa Park again?  :) 

I hope for your sake that you do have a rewarding season as I wouldn't wish Venky's on anybody & hope you have a take over bid soon.

Â