Where will we finish ?

I wasn't overly optimistic two weeks ago, but now that Benteke is staying and some of Lambert's new signings are looking good, I'm hopeful of a good season. I think we'll be looking up more than down.

I'm a cautious optimist. 50+ points should be attainable, giving us a top half finish. But as others have mentioned, there's too many unknowns to really be able to come up with proper assessment.

Defense is still a big question sign, especially when it comes to dead balls. Many posters seems to take for granted that the first CB pair will be Vlaar + Okore. I'm not that sure, I think Okore will need time to get in tune with the demands of the PL. The pair of Vlaar + Baker will be the preferred players in the near future, and I'll be very impressed if Okore manages to claim a starting spot in the team before Christmas. Hopefully I'm wrong. ;-)

Just to be out of the relegation fight for the season will mark a massive improvement on the last 3 campaigns. That will do me fine with this next transitional season.

Trying to think about this logically, which teams are better than us. -

Chelsea

ManUre

Ci£y

Arse

Spurs

Everton

Liverpool

Who are we on a par with

West Ham

Fulham

WBA

Swansea

Who are we better than

Stoke

Norwich

Sunderland

Cardiff

Hull

Newcastle

C Palace

Southampton

On that basis, anywhere between 8-12th is realistic

Our attack is capable of being top 6-8 quality with Benteke, Weimann, Gabby and Helenius all fit.

Our midfield is probably mid table standard. So many unknowns.............. will Tonev play will he and Bacuna be any good, will Gardener or Albrighton emerge again, will KEA come good? Will Delph and Sylla get even better? Will Westwood be as consistent?

Last season our defence was league two level for over half the season and maybe championship level when we finished. It definitely improved with Baker and Vlaar in the centre but we still conceded every game. Okore, Luna look like good signings but it may take a while before they actually start improving our goals conceded.

I am more optimistic about our ability to score goals, but not convinced much will change defensively, so a 10th-14th finished at best if we don't start defending set pieces.

My version: Which teams are probably better than us. -

Chelsea

ManUre

Ci£y

Arse

Spurs

Liverpool

Who we may or may not be better than this season:

Everton

Fulham

Newcastle

WBA

Swansea

Southampton

Sunderland

Who are we almost certainly better than:

Stoke

West Ham

Norwich

Cardiff

Hull

C Palace

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

My version: Which teams are probably better than us. -

Chelsea

ManUre

Ci£y

Arse

Spurs

Liverpool

Who we may or may not be better than this season:

Everton

Fulham

Newcastle

WBA

Swansea

Southampton

Sunderland

Who are we almost certainly better than:

Stoke

West Ham

Norwich

Cardiff

Hull

C Palace

Yes we should be better than WBA, FULHAM, Swansea, Southampton and Sunderland I think.

Â