Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I would accept a few mishaps from a full-back if he is incredibly gifted going forward, consistently delivering the crosses and shipping in 5-8 assists each season. I feel great teams/managers want to have one very good defensive defender and one attacking on the other side. That brings stability in terms of attacking power and defensive stability, even though it can/will bring a few goals at the back because of the exposure created. In the long run the attacking full-back will contribute with assists and a lot of play resulting in tons of goals etc. Luna has an offensive mindset as he is often staying very high up the pitch, his positioning is woeful and his pace is lacking given this approach. The problem is; he doesn't have a clue when he is going forward, his crossing isn't there, his link-up play isn't there and he offers no danger when he is on the other side of the pitch. What we have is an attacking full-back who can't create a goal for his life, and at the other side he is letting the other team do whatever they want. He got that goal against Arsenal when they were playing 10 strikers and looking for an equalizer, even Guzan could have sprinted to score so to speak.

It's pretty evident that Lambert's scouting and accumulated signings have been an utter failure. Benteke aside, and we all know miracles happen, pretty much everyone have been miserable. Vlaar has been good and I had high hopes for him, but again, he was already in the Dutch squad and his age is very right for a leader ready for the Premier League. But the other guys, the "strategy", they have all been atrocious.

He wasn't that bad today. He did ok defensively despite not being taken on much.  If people want to have a go at one of our full backs then have a go at Lowton who was woeful. At least Luna got across the halfway line and won a couple of corners. 

He was shite and has been for nearly all the season. Defensively weak and when he offers nothing going forward he might as well be Joe Bennett.

Having said that, Lowton was just as bad. I watched our full backs tuck in time and again, leaving acres of space for their wide players. In fact, we were so narrow, I was worried that Ben Davies was going to build a farm and fill it with sheep!

To be honest all our defenders are going to make a mistake a two when we have no possession of the football and have to defend for around 80 minutes every game.

Maybe if we kept the ball and attacked these mistakes would come down and they wouldn't look so bad.

Remember when everybody on here had made their minds up that he was 'much better then Bennett' after a few games? 

*Snigger*

I remember, haha, what a bunch of idiots! You're awesome.

Why, thank you ;)

• Like 1

Enda and Lichaj were at least as good/bad as Bennett and Luna who cost 4 million pounds.

And we are supposed to trust Lambert with more money after bone-headed decisions like that. 

Edited by Isa

I was one of the guilty ones not that I think Bennett's any good either.

In fairness he did very well against Walcott on the opening day, a pacy wideman and also against Liverpool.

Was amazed Swans didn't bring on Routledge in the second half to test him.

Â