Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Really looking forward to having bennett back. Luna is crap at the moment

Equivalent to - Run me over with the Nissan Juke instead of the Land Rover. Both fecking hurt!

Land Rover, every time. Which player is which BTW? I'd say red Dacia Sandero or blue Dacia Sandero

Like Bacuna is clearly instructed to sit back ,neither overlaps leaving them when they get ball with just negative sideways or backwards pass's.

Well Luna can't cross when he gets to the edge of the penalty area, so we may as well leave him somewhere where he can't tackle.

Too many teams now focus their attacks along our left hand side. 

Needs a rest once Bennett is up and running.

See first quoted post.

The novelty of the funny name and beard have worn off and what's left is an average footballer. Want to see him do well but I can't see him being first choice left back next season. 

Very true.

He's making every winger he faces look like Ronaldo at the minute. Bolasie, Lamah and now Flynn.

He'd make me look like Ronaldo.

The novelty of the funny name and beard have worn off and what's left is an average footballer. Want to see him do well but I can't see him being first choice left back next season. 

You are being far to kind by calling him average.

I didnt think we could do worse than Bennett. Well we did.

Also watching Lichaj. Geez he looks like an improved player. His defending is very good. Got forward a bit and almost scored. Would have preferred not to sign the two duds and waste 4 million and keep him instead. Ah well. PL doesnt believe in our academy.

I didnt think we could do worse than Bennett. Well we did.

Also watching Lichaj. Geez he looks like an improved player. His defending is very good. Got forward a bit and almost scored. Would have preferred not to sign the two duds and waste 4 million and keep him instead. Ah well. PL doesnt believe in our academy.

There was nothing in Lichaj's game when he played for us that made myself or other fans think "Wow, we have a class player here".

He was on a big wage and was not worth it, the value was not there. Changes were needed and Lambert - on a small budget - had to take a chance. I don't know how you can kick him down for this, it makes me laugh. 

If either signings was a success (and they still might be, they have played less than Lichaj did!) this would not even be mentioned, it is always the same, players who were no good for us are now worthy of being part of our team, even though they never showed an ounce of quality for us.

Maybe these players would be better off going on loan for long periods to learn the game, but hang on, this is not possible as we don't have the squad so these players are suffocating in the first team because that cost cutting prat Lerner won't buy the players we need to give the youngsters time to breathe.

Nobody would be complaining about letting Lichaj go if he didn't bring in ten-times worse in Luna though.

But with the budget he has, with the wage budget he has, how else is he supposed to work? Luna is probably on around 10k per week, Lichaj was on around 25k per week. As soon as we stop being Aston Villa Spreadsheet Association Club and become Aston VIlla Football Club - with a budget to suit, we are always going to have a lot of misses when it comes to signings.

Please. Lichaj was off contract. Do you think he is on 25k at Nottingham? We should have offered reduced terms to STAY in the Premier League. As if he would have declined that offer. Whats the combined wages of Luna and Bennett?

All i am saying is we are better off trying and giving our youth a proper go before signing mediocre players. Sign good players or dont bother. Is Tonev really any better than our youth players. He does nothing at all but blast shots over. Woeful player.

Edited by KSV

Please. Lichaj was off contract. Do you think he is on 25k at Nottingham? We should have offered reduced terms to STAY in the Premier League. As if he would have declined that offer. Whats the combined wages of Luna and Bennett?

All i am saying is we are better off trying and giving our youth a proper go before signing mediocre players. Sign good players or dont bother.

Lichaj had more than 30 games for us and impressed in one or two. He was constantly at fault for free kicks on the edge of the box and was easily outfoxed by decent players. He was not good enough when in our team.

Nobody would be complaining about letting Lichaj go if he didn't bring in ten-times worse in Luna though.

But with the budget he has, with the wage budget he has, how else is he supposed to work? Luna is probably on around 10k per week, Lichaj was on around 25k per week. As soon as we stop being Aston Villa Spreadsheet Association Club and become Aston VIlla Football Club - with a budget to suit, we are always going to have a lot of misses when it comes to signings.

You seem to neglect to mention that we paid £1.5m+ for Luna which makes up for the supposed difference in wages. Also, how you know Lichaj was on 25k? He wasn't even really involved with the first-team when he signed that contract so I highly doubt it was anything like that. Could you please a link to where you got that figure from if possible?

Even if we were to accept that figure, he in all likihood would've accepted a pay-cut to join Forest so he could've done the same to stay here.

All i am saying is we are better off trying and giving our youth a proper go before signing mediocre players. Sign good players or dont bother.

Lichaj had more than 30 games for us and impressed in one or two. He was constantly at fault for free kicks on the edge of the box and was easily outfoxed by decent players. He was not good enough when in our team.

I dont remember him being as bad as Luna. You may as well leave a cone at left back and use another midfielder. It would have the same affect.

Point is though. We shouldnt sign poor players when we already have some at the club. Waste of transfer budget.

Â