Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

What's Enda Stevens like? Any better? Can't remember seeing him play, should be back from his loan spell today....

I never thought he was that bad. Seemed average to me. People just assumed he wasn't good enough because of where he came from. I'd have him ahead of Luna in a heartbeat. 

Stevens did o.k in a couple of games but was woeful in the Southampton home game and we never saw him again.

Really Bennett needs to be given a kick up the backside (although that would probably rule him out for the season) and get himself fit as there's a first 11 place for him right there.

According to the Telegraph, Bennett is now part of the bomb squad so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Whatever is wrong with him, there are two key things he needs to do: learn English, learn your own name!

Lambert mentioned Bennett as one of the 'key' players missing in the post-match interview apparently so that is probably false. 

Like the rest of our team, Luna started the season well, but has fallen sharply in December.

He seems to be targeted by other teams, and doesn't play close enough to his man. As he plays too much in the center this gives their wide player loads of room to play with.

His play forward has suffered too. He tries, but gets nothing done. His crosses today were classless too.

I mean, i still like the guy, and hope he regains his earlier form, but I have to say I'd play Clark as LB now if everyone's fit.

No sense in comparing Luna and Bennet before Bennet plays this season. Not much between them now anyways.

Edited by AVTuco

He never offered much going forward anyway. Yes, in pre-season against the likes of Walsall and Crewe he did but apart from the goal at Arsenal he has never offered much offensively. 

Yeah, I thought he did okay. Nothing terrible going forward or defending.

The way he got turned by Hernandez 10mins or so in was shocking and was very lucky not to lead to a goal. He's not even near PL quality for me along with several others in our team. Tonev? WTF

Along with many things wrong.... But what's going on with our throw ins?? They are so bad... We just give them the ball back. It's Sunday league football.... Throw. Flick. Hope....

Throw ins are the least of our concerns at the moment.

Edited by Avfc96

He needs cover, fwiw lowton was equally as today bad but bacuna always covered for him.

I think the reason our fullbacks get caught out so much id because the opposition actually play with some width, whereas we play so narrow we leave gaping holes for opposition wingers to run into leaving our fullbacks exposed

Along with many things wrong.... But what's going on with our throw ins?? They are so bad... We just give them the ball back. It's Sunday league football.... Throw. Flick. Hope....

Throw ins are the least of our concerns at the moment.

It's one of the basics of football. If you can't get the basics right you have no chance in the game. Man U scored from one of our throw ins. I agree it's a minor detail. But throwing the ball to a players feet or quickly to a player in space is the least I expect..... Along with a list of other basics such as passing to someone in the same shirt.

• Like 1

Â