Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Nobody would be complaining about letting Lichaj go if he didn't bring in ten-times worse in Luna though.

But with the budget he has, with the wage budget he has, how else is he supposed to work? Luna is probably on around 10k per week, Lichaj was on around 25k per week. As soon as we stop being Aston Villa Spreadsheet Association Club and become Aston VIlla Football Club - with a budget to suit, we are always going to have a lot of misses when it comes to signings.

You seem to neglect to mention that we paid £1.5m+ for Luna which makes up for the supposed difference in wages. Also, how you know Lichaj was on 25k? He wasn't even really involved with the first-team when he signed that contract so I highly doubt it was anything like that. Could you please a link to where you got that figure from if possible?

Even if we were to accept that figure, he in all likihood would've accepted a pay-cut to join Forest so he could've done the same to stay here.

He wasn't ever good enough, he only became good enough when a stick was needed to beat Lambert with.

• Like 1

Watching lichaj being able to defend at lb shows what we are missing.

Exactly.  The £5m that he spent on Bennett and Luna could have been used to buy one decent left back, with Lichaj kept as reserve.  It's got to be better than having the two of the poorest left backs ever to have disgraced a Villa shirt in the same squad.

• Like 1

Surely he can't have been on anything close to £25k. We can't have been that reckless, can we?? £10k sounds more realistic.

He did make mistakes but also showed some real quality. Completely took Bale out of a game when he was hitting his peak.

Watching lichaj being able to defend at lb shows what we are missing.

Exactly.  The £5m that he spent on Bennett and Luna could have been used to buy one decent left back, with Lichaj kept as reserve.  It's got to be better than having the two of the poorest left backs ever to have disgraced a Villa shirt in the same squad.

Giving players a chance eh? Bennett started putting in some good performances last year and Lichaj is better off at Forest, his level.

I would just prefer to see kids from our academy (most are actually villa fans who grew up in the area) fight for our shirt than some awful players from overseas looking to use us as a stepping stone or make a better salary.

Nobody would be complaining about letting Lichaj go if he didn't bring in ten-times worse in Luna though.

But with the budget he has, with the wage budget he has, how else is he supposed to work? Luna is probably on around 10k per week, Lichaj was on around 25k per week. As soon as we stop being Aston Villa Spreadsheet Association Club and become Aston VIlla Football Club - with a budget to suit, we are always going to have a lot of misses when it comes to signings.

You seem to neglect to mention that we paid £1.5m+ for Luna which makes up for the supposed difference in wages. Also, how you know Lichaj was on 25k? He wasn't even really involved with the first-team when he signed that contract so I highly doubt it was anything like that. Could you please a link to where you got that figure from if possible?

Even if we were to accept that figure, he in all likihood would've accepted a pay-cut to join Forest so he could've done the same to stay here.

He wasn't ever good enough, he only became good enough when a stick was needed to beat Lambert with.

Nice change of the goalposts there. Your figures have been proven unfounded as usual.

Nice change of the goalposts there. Your figures have been proven unfounded as usual.

Brilliant. My figures being out (which you got from a blog, which is why I ignored it, I could write a blog and post something similar) but this does not make Lichaj good enough.

Try again.

Brilliant. My figures being out (which you got from a blog, which is why I ignored it, I could write a blog and post something similar) but this does not make Lichaj good enough.

Try again.

Yet your original response was basically that Luna had to be signed ahead of Luna due to financial reasons. When asked to verify your figures you change it back to Lichaj isn't good enough. Pathetic.

Also, did I say that blog was correct? I said 'I'm not sure how reliable it is' but that is better then you providing no link for your 25k p/w claim. If you have a better link then by all means provide it...

Try again.

Yet your original response was basically that Luna had to be signed ahead of Luna due to financial reasons. When asked to verify your figures you change it back to Lichaj isn't good enough. Pathetic.

Also, did I say that blog was correct? I said 'I'm not sure how reliable it is' but that is better then you providing no link for your 25k p/w claim. If you have a better link then by all means provide it...

Lichaj is not good enough, Lambert had to sort out the full backs. Lambert's remit was get rid of those not performing, who were on high wages. ALL of this was my opinion.

So providing a link to anything is better? No, it is nothing of the sorts and no proof that either of us is right or wrong.

In Luna we bought a player with a major fault in full backs, lack of pace without the ability to be in the right position when needed, how our management team missed this and the coaches fell for it is unbelievable. Can they spot anything ?

Try again.

Lichaj is not good enough, Lambert had to sort out the full backs. Lambert's remit was get rid of those not performing, who were on high wages. ALL of this was my opinion.

So providing a link to anything is better? No, it is nothing of the sorts and no proof that either of us is right or wrong.

Note that it was you promoting that 25k figure as if it was fact though. You didn't say 'he was on 25k p/w in my opinion' or the like. In future best not to throw unfounded figures around if I'd say.

Try again.

Note that it was you promoting that 25k figure as if it was fact though. You didn't say 'he was on 25k p/w in my opinion' or the like. In future best not to throw unfounded figures around if I'd say.

Lichaj was on 25k

I did it again

:D

He has been very disappointing. It sounds desperate, but is Bennett still injured?!

Still injured yes.

And I do agree, Luna has been poor, but then when you are facing 60-70% possession, it won't ever be easy.

Would just like to chime in.

Lichaj isn't good.

Yes but judging by your history, you think Luna is. So much so that you tried to make out that him returning to the team would make a huge difference.

Edited by Isa

Well he's better than Baker or Clark in the position. But I did overestimate his ability to hold up defensively.

We can't all be right all the time like you Isa ;)

Sometimes some of us take a chance on a player working out instead of slating all of them

To be fair to me, it's hard not to slate them given the performances this season. ;)

Vlaar really has been playing well as I he is the only player I can't remember having a go at this season.

I still think there is a certain amount of revisionism regarding last season. Obviously, the January period was a real low but we were really poor before that as well bar a few games. All-in-all, we have had a good third of a season out of a season and a half under Lambert.

Edited by Isa

Â