Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

He may not have gotten any help but the fact remains one on one he was shit, in general he was just shit and not helped by getting no assistance and just made it even worse.

I like him but obviously he's not the best left back ever, who do people expect us to attract when our budget seems to be 1-2m max per player?

We switched it after the first two goals as towards the end of the half Gabby was getting back on a more regular basis.

When I saw the team I assumed Sylla would be playing on the left of midfield as he did v Man. City.

Sylla did not get back to help either.

ibrueKwNF0N9Vl.gif

Bennett's poor games last season were against garbage opposition though.....I shudder to think back to his performance in the Norwich away game where he conceded a penalty and seemed to spend most of the second half trying to get sent off. He wasn't great in the Bradford away game either.

Luna's had two shockers this season, today and Newcastle at home. The others I think he's been fine and another one who's had injuries disrupt his game.

Bennett's the classic case of someone who hasn't played for a while so people think he's better than he actually is, he was a major weak link for us last year.

Luna's performance at Norwich up against the same player was any better?

And if you think some of Luna's defensive displays this season have been bad, check out some of his performances at Mallorca...

You know, I thought it would make sense for me, as a Luna supporter, to agree that he wasn't up to it today. But now this thread is getting ridiculous. I actually like Bennett's abilities and think he can be a good one going forward, but you just can't compare Luna to Bennett last year. Luna has played many games this year very well. He has dropped back in the last few games, but that happens. Especially when circumstances (injuries to him and other defenders) have been against him.

Edited by AVTuco

We switched it after the first two goals as towards the end of the half Gabby was getting back on a more regular basis.

When I saw the team I assumed Sylla would be playing on the left of midfield as he did v Man. City.

Sylla did not get back to help either.

ibrueKwNF0N9Vl.gif

Oh god, heatmap gifs with your mouse moving. Whatever next!?

• Like 1

ibdhqfBRHoWpuO.gif

what is he doing here?!

Luna's pointing out where the pass is going.

Sylla is out of position. MOTD analysed this and said he should have been a few yards back to prevent Valencia receiving the pass back from Welbeck. 

• Like 3

He had a bad game which he has fessed up to. His team mates also had a bad game and left the bloke hanging. The manager had a bad game by not fixing it when it was obvious what was happening. I had a bad game because I HATE ManU.

Lets hope we all learn from the experience :)

• Like 2

ibdhqfBRHoWpuO.gif

what is he doing here?!

It's a good point though and I think this is rerlevant to the whole team as we seem so static at times and tend to watch the ball far too much. Our midfield are also guilty of this!

He's also watching Rafael who's overlapping, in case Valencia slips him an outside pass.

All Sylla's fault there. Why are you watching the ball mate. Your man's making a run and you just turn and don't even track him. His positioning is all shoddy too. Why are you showing Valencia his right foot when you should be trying to get him on his left even if it means back into the danger area. Valencia is very one footed at times. Boggles me.

Edited by Kwan

As poor as our performance was against United, looking at the goals we gave up, they are all so soft. I have to believe we would not have given up those cheap goals if we'd had Vlaar and Delph playing. Delph would have thrown himself in against Valencia there (and probably would have been booked). Luna is better when he has Delph helping him out, just like Clark (and Baker) are more assured when they have Vlaar alongside them. Sylla left him stranded time and time again.

Â