Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Is it a possibility that the lack of competition for the LB position due to Bennett's injury is affecting Luna? Maybe he is too comfortable at the moment? 

No he is just absolutely awful. He scored a great goal in the first game of the season and I think we all thought we had signed Ashley Cole. Sadly he has been woefully exposed week in week out culminating in him being comprehensively outclassed by a League 1 winger. His positioning is terrible, in the Man U game for example he was marking a space with Valencia behind him. He is forward when he should be back so he's constantly caught out of position.

We let Lichaj go on a free at the end of last season and I watched the Forest game yesterday and he looked twice the player Luna is and I don't particularly rate Lichaj. Personally I think Bennett is a better player but the fans shot him down in flames so many times last season I think that has done for him at Villa.

As for Luna I think he was Valencia's third choice LB. That is like buying Everton's third choice LB and thinking you have signed Leighton Baines.

• Like 2

As for Luna I think he was Valencia's third choice LB. That is like buying Everton's third choice LB and thinking you have signed Leighton Baines.

Pretty understandable that he was their 3rd choice seeing as he played for Sevilla

Pretty understandable that he was their 3rd choice seeing as he played for Sevilla

Fair point....

Possibly not Everton as comparison then as Valencia have been more successful domestically than Sevilla and probably overall in the last 15 years. Either way Luna is shite and my point is still valid.

Luna really is one of the worst LBs we have ever had. He is a **** clueless clearing in the woods! The bench were sending out messages to him throughout the first half and it made no difference! Get rid of this waste of space!

what was all the hands behind the back scenario? tonight

we were all saying at half time, in the box yea, i can understand that, but outside surely you would want to make yourself big and enhance your balance with your arms outside.

have the lunatics completely taken over the BMH asylum.

ps I thought both full backs were turgid

Edited by TRO

Â