Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

He seems to just back up ('jockey'), something other players do and wait for an opportunity to nab the ball/block, however he just keeps running backwards without looking to put in a tackle.

To me, it looks exactly like what it would be like to play Albrighton at full back.

For the last 4 or 5 games now I'm reading that the problem with Luna is lack of protection from midfield.

Luna has been a favourite of mine and I'm getting worried that he's on the decline.

if you ask me his confidence is shot following some bad performances.

it must be bad, people are talking about Bennett again!

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

Looks poor at the moment.

So after buying 4 fullbacks we still haven't got a decent one between them.

Yep.  Lowton, Bacuna, Bennett and Luna.  All utterly shite.  Nobody can tell me that even with this legendary rebuilding job that Saint Lambert has been trusted with, that two good full backs rather than four dreadful ones wouldn't have been a better idea.

Yep. Lowton, Bacuna, Bennett and Luna. All utterly shite. Nobody can tell me that even with this legendary rebuilding job that Saint Lambert has been trusted with, that two good full backs rather than four dreadful ones wouldn't have been a better idea.

How can you call Bacuna shite when he hasn't even had a chance in his best position?! He isn't a full back!

Yep.  Lowton, Bacuna, Bennett and Luna.  All utterly shite.  Nobody can tell me that even with this legendary rebuilding job that Saint Lambert has been trusted with, that two good full backs rather than four dreadful ones wouldn't have been a better idea.

Bacuna is a right winger...not a natural right back. Might want to click the 'edit' button there....

Bacuna is a right winger...not a natural right back. Might want to click the 'edit' button there....

Whenever I've seen him at Villa he's been played at full back, except for one half against Liverpool and some 20 minutes against Cardiff. Funny but he wasn't a right winger in these two games as well.

Yesterday he had to play at left back because our natural left back got destroyed yet again. In the mean time we're paying Hutton to rot somewhere... at least use him in some capacity while he's being paid ffs. Lambert's bomb squad policy is as shit as our creativity on the pitch.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

I would take Hutton back in the first team. Yes, he is a shit footballer, but he always put a shift in which usually resulted in yellow or red cards.

Will never happen though, Lambert is as stubborn as a mule. And about as talented a manager as an ass too !

Yet he's played mainly as a full back for us.

And whose idea is that, his?
Well the point is we've signed 4 players to play in the full back position and none are really good enough.

I don't think Bacuna has been signed as a right back, he has the number 7 shirt and said himself when he signed that he is a midfielder. The fact that we have no alternate right back meant that he had to fill in due to Lowton's poor form.

Lowton hit a poor patch, all players do, but the fact that Bacuna had to fill in for an unfamiliar position isn't his fault. He had some good performances there as well so good on him. Of course it was unlikely that Bacuna would become our first choice right back though, because he isn't a right back or a full back at all.

Bennett is injured, so Luna's position has no cover either, hence Bacuna having to play there as well.

All in all, our 'squad depth' is still dire, we rely on a midfielder to fill in positions that he isn't used to because of knocks or lack of form.

Luna is our only left back as things stand, Bennett seems to have a bad injury but I'd rather have him to rotate with Luna than making Bacuna fill in and be called shite. We've signed 3 full backs, 1 is injured.

• Like 1

Â