Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

He's really, really poor. Another one of Lambert's buys that isn't Premier League calibre.

What do you expect when you have £1m to buy a player?

We need a bigger transfer budget to chase the better players.

I expect him to be up to standards, no matter the fee. If he is not good enough, you don't buy him. Sure, one can never know how a transfer pans out, and the odds are higher when you buy cheap reserves nobody else wants, but the due diligence should be more careful as Lambert has brought in a lot of dross the last few seasons. Luna, Bennett, Tonev, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Bowery, Kozak and Helenius are all either very limited or very poor footballers. Maybe a bit unfair towards Kozak, but his mobility and reading of the game is just very, very poor. A classic tall player that will score 6-8 goals each season and never really do anything to make the team better.

He's really, really poor. Another one of Lambert's buys that isn't Premier League calibre.

What do you expect when you have £1m to buy a player?

We need a bigger transfer budget to chase the better players.

He could've prioritised the LB spot in the summer perhaps? We could've got Pieters for £3m for example!

Also, Lambert claiming he cost less then £1m doesn't mean that was actually the case as has already been established.

How could Luna handle Welbeck and Valencia all  on his own? 

Why didn't Gabby get back to support, and why wasn't Baker covering effectively?

Cannot judge Luna on today's performance. He was hung out to dry with an impossible job, for which he got absolutely no help.

How could Luna handle Welbeck and Valencia all  on his own? 

Why didn't Gabby get back to support, and why wasn't Baker covering effectively?

Cannot judge Luna on today's performance. He was hung out to dry with an impossible job, for which he got absolutely no help.

I never hesitate to be harsh on Gabby (I like him, but I think he is slightly overappreciated), but he was playing up front with Benteke, as a striker. Scylla was in the position to help Luna, but he was playing in the wrong position, he is to slow to help a fullback on the flank, he shold play in the middle of the pitch.

He got beat every time by whoever was attacking him, and gave the ball away, and failed to get into position for their 3rd, so how was it Bakers ault over Lunas?

Gabby was shit again yet again today.

Baker missed an interception on the 3rd. The ball seemed to go through his legs.

Luna could get beat easily because he was on his own and Valencia had so much space to play with. With an outball to an unshacked Welbeck close by what could Luna actually do? Not much. Lambert takes some of the blame for not bringing Gabby back to help.

My point is Con, Valencia did'nt beat Bennett last season, one on one, as easily as he beat Luna today.Maybe , just maybe, we should have cut Bennett a bit more slack.

In last year's fixture Bennett had Bannan who tracked back to double up on him.

I didn't watch the second half today but the Icelandic commentator said that "if Antonio Luna was a horse they would have shot him by now".

I gather that he had a poor game.

Had a shocker, Rafael and Valencia ripped him to shreds.

Antionio Valencia seems to be a bogey player against us. He ripped Warnock to shreds in the carling cup final which signalled the start of his decline as a villa player and I'm pretty sure in his wigan days he came to VP at the end of the season and scored twice against Bouma who'd had an excellent 18 months.

Hope it's not a case of another villa left back falling by the wayside as I do think there are good qualities in Luna that we saw at the start of the season and the alternatives aren't much better, Bennett who was giving these performances on a regular basis last season and a centre half having to play there.

On MOTD tonight they'll probably do some analysis on Valencia-Luna-Baker. I expect them to say that Luna didn't get any help, which is partly Lambert's fault and partly fault of other players.

Mitigating circumstances.

On MOTD tonight they'll probably do some analysis on Valencia-Luna-Baker. I expect them to say that Luna didn't get any help, which is partly Lambert's fault and partly fault of other players.

Mitigating circumstances.

Can't fault what you say there.

Â