Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

Well, I'm glad we got our new players in early!

Not just the first three games but the first three months of the season are looking tough. Still, if we pick up a few results in there we'll be in great stead for the rest of the campaign.

Arsenal have had terrible starts to more than a few seasons in recent years. I don't fear Liverpool without Suarez too much. We're home to them so lets aim for 4 points opening two games. Get that or even 2 points and we're on a good start.

At least we're not away to United. 

I think we'll surprise some people in those opening fixtures.

We'll beat Arsenal,

Lose to Liverpool (Think they'll have a better all-round team next year even if Suarez leaves)

Chelsea postponed,

Beat Newcastle (who are becoming a circus)

Beat Norwich

Lose to City

Draw with Everton.

First 6 games 10 points having played 4 of last years top 6.

Suarez will be banned, even if he doesnt leave he won't play.

I think Arsenal, Citeh and Chelsea are the only matches there that I think we would be underdogs. The rest I think we can win to be honest.

I also think we will be loking at the opening fixtures and seeing it very much as a win- win scenario.  You don't expect anythign from them and so any positiive result is a bonus and will lift the team, whereas three negatvie results is basically what the bookies will be expecting.

Won't be as crushing as all that as you are more prepared for it.  It's not like losing to Hull, Crystal Palace and Cardiff and having 0 points is it?

i thnk we may well be pleasantly surprised at the points we have come end August.

I think we'll surprise some people in those opening fixtures.

We'll beat Arsenal, 

Lose to Liverpool (Think they'll have a better all-round team next year even if Suarez leaves)

Chelsea postponed,

Beat Newcastle (who are becoming a circus)

Beat Norwich

Lose to City

Draw with Everton.

First 6 games 10 points having played 4 of last years top 6.

I think we can beat Liverpool - can't understand all the doom merchants predicting we'll be bottom three by October.

The more I mull it over the better I think our fixtures are. We've a nice December when teams first start to feel fatigued. 

We get Arsenal early before they hit their end of season top form. We get Liverpool at home before they've finished their transfers, could be without a replacement for Suarez. 

We also have an excellent run in after United match. 5 good games against mid table or hopefully relegated teams before Spurs.

I like this fixture list. Maybe if we started home to Newcastle first I'd like it more. But I like it.

I don't mind those fixtures. Arsenal away first game of the season, that's an away trip I want to go too! Arsenal are slow starters. We can beat Liverpool on our day. Chelsea is a shitter but at least we can get it out the way. 

I think we'll start this season how we finished last season against the big boys. We put up a good fight, but ultimately lost and gained 0 points from them. 

I think the opening games will be scores like 2-1 Arsenal. 2-3 Liverpool. 2-1 Chelsea. 

Edited by KjParton

Best get the relegation thread re-started - we could be winless and potentially pointless up to the start of October. That really is a horrifying start to the campaign considering our plight last season and with a number of 'noobs' to blood into the team.

On the flip side - if we are going to be dark horses and ones to watch, we could mystifyingly sword all of those big clubs. Most unlikely IMO.

We have to believe that 'Things Can Only Get Better' from October.

I just hope (beg in fact) that we win my birthday game - 14th December at home to Manure. By a quirk of fate, I have never seen Villa beat Manure in the flesh. Only on TV and that was a long time ago.

So the fixtures have been out twenty minutes and you've already decided we'll be on a relegation battle by October?

LOL and will you be so l bold to predict we won't be?

I haven't decided anything - read it again... 'We could etc' and then 'On the flip side etc' And for the win, the comment about re-starting the relegation thread was meant to be tongue in cheek - apologies if you missed that. However, somebody somewhere on here (it is VillaTalk after all) will probably have that thread up and running by September's end.

I think we will be in good shape for most of next season - but on paper (yes, on paper) it's a shitty start and our recent form against big opposition is not healthy as I am sure you will agree without having to jump on my post?

Â