Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

When exactly is the Chelsea game likely to be moved to anyway? If we won't play it for a while then I think our opening fixtures suddenly look pretty damn good.

Last yeah it was just moved 4 days earlier to the Tuesday so the fixture list will stay the same.

Playing the tough teams throughout the year can stop you in your tracks, and can effect your confidence when you're hoping to get into a run of good form.

Get them out of the way while teams are still building in the tranfer window/ gelling together, and whilst the season can be a bit of a lottery.

The idea that we get the "tough teams" "out of the way" at the start of the season is a bit far fetched when you look at that fixture list:

September, Man C

October, Spurs, Everton

January, Arsenal, Liverpool

February, Everton

March, Man C,Chelsea, Man U

May, Spurs

It goes on throughout the season as you might expect, and I didn't even bother to throw in the Swanseas, West Broms, and West hams who can be expected to be difficult opposition, and a couple of unexpected improvers.

Yes you do have to play ALL the teams. That's the way a league works :)

The debate is whether it's better to have the best teams clumped together or spread them out.

• Like 2

It's like someone mentioned, last season we lost at west ham then were humped by everton. Knowing wenger, arsenal won't have any new players in there side. Our new lads will see arsenal away as a dream game. We can beat arsenal.

Im happy with our fixtures .... could be worse:

(all to be played in August)

Barnsley V Wigan

Bournemouth V Wigan

Wigan V Doncaster

Wigan V Middlesbrough

Wigan V Nottm Forest

Leicester V Wigan

Sheff Wed V Wigan

Wigan V Ipswich

Watford V Wigan

Look at the number of ex-prem teams in that list.

Dont we play Newport away end of July?

Do you have a link? The friendlies I put up a few weeks back, I'd not heard any more announced.

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/index.php?cat=news&post=Newport-to-face-Aston-Villa-in-pre-season-friendly

Really tough start to the season and I wouldnt be surprised if we are in the bottom 3 after the Liverpool game. The Chelsea game will most likely be postponed so we'll have to start our season against the circus that is Newcastle. Hopefully we can push on from October onwards as the christmas run-in is much better than previous years.

Really tough start to the season and I wouldnt be surprised if we are in the bottom 3 after the Liverpool game. The Chelsea game will most likely be postponed so we'll have to start our season against the circus that is Newcastle. Hopefully we can push on from October onwards as the christmas run-in is much better than previous years.

The Chelsea game wasn't postponed last season just moved to earlier in the week. 

I agree that August is tougher than we would have liked. But I'm looking at it like this: if we do pick up some points from those games (which is not unheard of, I'd say we're more than capable of getting 4 points from those first three), that will be a huge confidence booster for our young team. If the worst happens and we get 0 points from 3 games, I don't think that's as damaging a blow as would be picking up only, say,  2 points from 3 against teams like Hull, Newcastle and Sunderland, for example. And whatever happens in those first three games, we have the international break after that to regroup and make a fresh start in September. The table doesn't matter at that early stage of the season.

I like the look of the December fixtures and the late season run. I think those games will be more important to our season.

We've got no chance of getting anything from our first seven games. None at all. Those other clubs are just in a different class to our little club. We should probably open a Relegation thread now, to cater for the demand.

This. You lot are a depressing bunch. Bloody hell :D

Im happy with our fixtures .... could be worse:

(all to be played in August)

Barnsley V Wigan

Bournemouth V Wigan

Wigan V Doncaster

Wigan V Middlesbrough

Wigan V Nottm Forest

Leicester V Wigan

Sheff Wed V Wigan

Wigan V Ipswich

Watford V Wigan