Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

If the Premier League kicks off the same day as the Championship we will be away as Wolves are away to Preston and we both play at home the same time on West Midlands Police orders.

Compiling the fixture lists is a hugely complicated process which must be done each year and which cannot even begin until after the Championship play-off final when the full line-up is known for each division.

Some of the preparation though is done in the weeks before when questionnaires are sent to clubs for requests and input on dates to avoid. The questionnaires and date requests are also considered by each club's local police force.

Neighbouring clubs across the divisions are paired together to ensure they do not play at home on the same dates. For example, in the West Midlands Aston Villa and Wolverhampton Wanderers will be at home when Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion are away.

Other criteria include:

• Wherever possible clubs should have no more than two successive home (or away) fixtures, excluding cup draws.

• All clubs should have an alternating sequence of home and away Saturday fixtures at both the beginning and end of the season

• Any club away on Boxing Day* should be at home on New Year's Day and vice versa. Local derbies are avoided on these dates but equally, journeys should be minimised.

If possible, clubs should have an equal number of home and away fixtures on Bank Holidays**, if applicable

• Clubs playing in the Europa League on a Thursday will have the option of moving a Saturday fixture to a Sunday so, where possible, these should be home matches

These factors are all programmed into the fixtures computer which then produces a first list for initial review by the compilation team who consider date requests for games which have not been satisfied. Then a second review is done with the clubs, the FA and the national supporters goups It is almost impossible to create a schedule which meets all the requests but many hours are spent planning to minimise the problems and make sure that no clubs is unfairly treated.

source: http://premierskills.britishcouncil.org/learn-english/how-fixtures-are-produced

Is this the English Language test that Makoun failed? 

I've just been watching Sky Sports and it said the opening Wolves game is on the weekend of the 3/4th of August, i think i'm right in saying we kick off 2 weeks later than that? I could be wrong but as we're playing a friendly against Malaga at home on the 10th of August i can't imagine i am!

I've just been watching Sky Sports and it said the opening Wolves game is on the weekend of the 3/4th of August, i think i'm right in saying we kick off 2 weeks later than that? I could be wrong but as we're playing a friendly against Malaga at home on the 10th of August i can't imagine i am!

Have they officially announced the Wolves fistures then? Their website says, from 9am tomorrow...

Have they officially announced the Wolves fistures then? Their website says, from 9am tomorrow...

Unless i've completely confused myself, 6 matches from the opening weekend have been announced a day early, something to do with a 125 year anniversary or something. Wolves play Preston away first game of the season.

Unless i've completely confused myself, 6 matches from the opening weekend have been announced a day early, something to do with a 125 year anniversary or something. Wolves play Preston away first game of the season.

Ah that's fair enough then, so everything else will be as usual tomorrow morning, cheers for clarifying.

Wolves fistures? That sounds horrible.

• Like 2

I would love WBA at home 1st game of the season.

All I've had is stick that they are the "top club in the midlands"

Boggie bastards.

Man Utd at Old Trafford. The opener is never a good game for anyone really and I'd rather we spend that on one of the best teams who wont necessarily perform, especially as Moyes and Man Utd will be adapting to each other

Â