Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

People can say we play all teams twice regardless, but this doesn't mean much.

There is a definite order to which you want some fixtures. Ideally you don't want the promoted teams too early as they are still on their honeymoon period. You also don't want three of the four top teams for the first three games as confidence will take a huge hit if we lose all three. Luckily we have a young team so hopefully they'll be raring to go.

• Like 1

The more I mull it over the better I think our fixtures are. We've a nice December when teams first start to feel fatigued. 

We get Arsenal early before they hit their end of season top form. We get Liverpool at home before they've finished their transfers, could be without a replacement for Suarez. 

We also have an excellent run in after United match. 5 good games against mid table or hopefully relegated teams before Spurs.

I like this fixture list. Maybe if we started home to Newcastle first I'd like it more. But I like it.

Agree. I think the run-in and xmas periods are more important than the opening 5 or 6 games. More I think about the more happy I am too.

The first games can be a bit of a lottery, with new players bedding in and teams settling down. It's got to be in our interest to be the underdogs in these early games and possibly cause an upset. In the unlikely event that we do lose all 3, then yes it could knock the confidence but that's what you have to deal with.

Chelsea game is defo postponed.

So we get Arsenal away, Liverpool home then 3 weeks until Newcastle at home.

I like it.

Hopefully it will give Lambert some time to refine the team following the opening two fixtures so we're up to speed for the Newcastle game.

Not what we wanted. For me a good start is imperative and that has made a good start very very tough indeed.

My fear is a total drubbing at the emirates. If Wenger spends his reported £50-£60m and buys in some real quality we could be in trouble. I think Arsenal will have a big season

Not what we wanted. For me a good start is imperative and that has made a good start very very tough indeed.

My fear is a total drubbing at the emirates. If Wenger spends his reported £50-£60m and buys in some real quality we could be in trouble. I think Arsenal will have a big season

My fear is total drubbings in all 3 games.

We have made signings but on paper (as we do not really know anything about the signings) our squad looks no stronger in terms of ability.

There is always the chance that we hit the ground running with the fresh faces, but the odds will point to 3 defeats and that will set up another long hard season imo.

god the first three games, ridiculous

at least we get the annual chelsea spankfest out of the way early

Annual spankfest? Really, we got done heavily last season. It's never happened before and have a pretty good record against Chelsea in the PL era.

Did this never happen then? 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8587517.stm

i know it's unrelated but in the other fixtures that day, 2 teams are average championship sides, 1 is in league 1 and the other in league 2. it seems mad how quickly the world of football changes

Going entirely on last season's finishing positions (so before you bother saying it, I know it's hardly scientific or a guarantee of future performance so just take it as it's meant), we've some easy months and some tougher ones.

The numbers represent the average league position of our opponents last season.

Our 'easiest' months are April (13.75) followed by November (13.25). It goes without saying that August is our toughest month (postponements notwithstanding). August is a 4.67 and March is a 6.00.

1 August 4.67

2 March 6

3 January 9

4 September 9.67

5 October 10

6 December 11.5

7 May 12

8 February 12.5

9 November 13.25

10 April 13.75

My fear is total drubbings in all 3 games.

We have made signings but on paper (as we do not really know anything about the signings) our squad looks no stronger in terms of ability.

There is always the chance that we hit the ground running with the fresh faces, but the odds will point to 3 defeats and that will set up another long hard season imo.

Oh get a room, you two.

We'll have a great start to the season if we win those games, and it's not impossible. Winning games IS what we're trying to do here y'know.

• Like 1

Â