Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

Best get the relegation thread re-started - we could be winless and potentially pointless up to the start of October. That really is a horrifying start to the campaign considering our plight last season and with a number of 'noobs' to blood into the team.

On the flip side - if we are going to be dark horses and ones to watch, we could mystifyingly sword all of those big clubs. Most unlikely IMO.

We have to believe that 'Things Can Only Get Better' from October.

I just hope (beg in fact) that we win my birthday game - 14th December at home to Manure. By a quirk of fate, I have never seen Villa beat Manure in the flesh. Only on TV and that was a long time ago.

Honestly I don't know what people worry for, we have to play everyone twice. Regardless of when we play teams, we will upset the odds a few times.

Because we saw all too many times last season how confidence can affect the team. If we get 0 points from the first three games it'll ruin the young lads' belief.
If that is the case then, surely it's a positive to get some 'tough' games out the way first, then we can rebuild the confidence for the rest of the season.

FWIW, I don't think confidence will be an issue this season.

Edited by VillaGoMarching

It is worse to be low on confidence when the games are coming every two days at Christmas like we were last season.

You can easily get thumped by a team like Wigan if your're not careful.

Better to have the tough run at the start where the manager can make changes and have time to work with the players.

• Like 1

god the first three games, ridiculous

at least we get the annual chelsea spankfest out of the way early

Annual spankfest? Really, we got done heavily last season. It's never happened before and have a pretty good record against Chelsea in the PL era.

We have to play everyone twice of course, but a good start is always vital to get some confidence and positive spin around the team. Especially when we have so many young players who can start to doubt themselves. Not pleased, but on the other hand we have a bigger shot at beating Arsenal away in the first game compared to the middle of the season. They of course have better players than us in every position almost, but on the first day every team has problems with their setup. Liverpool without Suarez is of course beatable!

Honestly I don't know what people worry for, we have to play everyone twice. Regardless of when we play teams, we will upset the odds a few times.

Exactly!

I think it's a good thing, our signings have been brought in early to gel as a team.

A lot of the big clubs take time to do their transfer business so we would of played 3 of the top teams by 1st September and their teams may not be as prepared as us.

Arsenal are going to make massive changes, so will Liverpool losing Suarez.

We have chances!

And look on the bright side if we get hammered in the first 2 games, Lerner may decide to give Lambert loads to spend on another player haha.

Best get the relegation thread re-started - we could be winless and potentially pointless up to the start of October. That really is a horrifying start to the campaign considering our plight last season and with a number of 'noobs' to blood into the team.

On the flip side - if we are going to be dark horses and ones to watch, we could mystifyingly sword all of those big clubs. Most unlikely IMO.

We have to believe that 'Things Can Only Get Better' from October.

I just hope (beg in fact) that we win my birthday game - 14th December at home to Manure. By a quirk of fate, I have never seen Villa beat Manure in the flesh. Only on TV and that was a long time ago.

So the fixtures have been out twenty minutes and you've already decided we'll be on a relegation battle by October?

Annual spankfest? Really, we got done heavily last season. It's never happened before and have a pretty good record against Chelsea in the PL era.

I'm fairly sure we lost 7-1 there a few years ago.

I think the start isn't as bad as all that.  You've got to play these teams sometime and i'd rather it be when they are not necessarily in full flow and can be surprised.

Someone at work has said that last year Chelsea played early so that they could then go to the Supercup against Atletico.  If that's the case then they may do the same this year and we could well surprise them too if they play a weakened team, particularly as they are playing Bayern Munich in the Supercup, a champions league opponent that they will want to do well against.

Did this never happen then? 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8587517.stm

I think we'll surprise some people in those opening fixtures.

We'll beat Arsenal, 

Lose to Liverpool (Think they'll have a better all-round team next year even if Suarez leaves)

Chelsea postponed,

Beat Newcastle (who are becoming a circus)

Beat Norwich

Lose to City

Draw with Everton.

First 6 games 10 points having played 4 of last years top 6.

Think we've a better chance of beating Arsenal and Liverpool in August than we would later in the season when they've found their stride. Remember Utd thrashed Arsenal 8-2 in August. Hopefully they'll leave their transfer business late too.

On the other hand apart from Spurs on the last day we have quite an easy run. (For either avoiding relegation or a late run for Europe ;-) )

Â