Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

Away to Chelsea wouldn't be as bad as away at Cardiff or Palace.

Expect a big loss at any time of the season, and they won't have any form, a point is a great way to kick the season off, a loss isn't deflating. Cardiff and Palace fans will be right up for it and a winnable game becomes a trickier affair.

Absolute rubbish.

Our players and fans will be well up for it too. Give me Palace over Chelsea any day. More chance of getting a win on the board, start as we mean to go on.

Yes more chance of a win, but a a loss or even a draw is a poorer result. If we play Hull away in December, we're more likely to get a win than first game of the season.

Expect a big loss at any time of the season, and they won't have any form, a point is a great way to kick the season off, a loss isn't deflating. Cardiff and Palace fans will be right up for it and a winnable game becomes a trickier affair.

Absolute rubbish.

Our players and fans will be well up for it too. Give me Palace over Chelsea any day. More chance of getting a win on the board, start as we mean to go on.

Yes more chance of a win, but a a loss or even a draw is a poorer result. If we play Hull away in December, we're more likely to get a win than first game of the season.

I think you're both effectively choosing between a slap in the face or a punch in the gut. I don't want a Champions League side or a promoted side on the opening day. Two hornets nests we'd do well to avoid.

Absolute rubbish.

Yeah true. I was just saying, of the two I'd take my chances with the gut punch!

Excuse my overly shouty response, I'd just woken up to find a massive spider crawling on my tit.

i just saw that on sky, they could do something with us, everton, baggies and stoke, and give us a home game and maybe even make a fuss seeing as it was our idea

its the premier league making the decisions though not the football league so they might just sidestep it

• Like 1

Man U at home..worked out well the last time.

yep. Utd at home 1st game after a season with a new manager who closely avoided relegation. I like the symmetry! Top 4 and a cup win would be lovely :)

Like i said..We beat them the last time.

Don't the Championship winners from the previous season often end up at the home turf of the previous season's Premier League winners? I haven't checked any of that of course. It seems though, that they like to keep the big 4 clashes to a special aumtumnal super-sunday weekend jizzfest anyway, so we are quite likely to get a 'big' club.

We went through a couple of seasons of playing Liverpool at home on opening day, and now they are no longer Premier League material, I would hazard that might be the first match up for us.

Â