Premier League Fixtures 2013/14:Who will lambos lions get 1st game?

Demitri_C

Just seen the Chelsea game has been braught forward to the 21st of August to cater their Super Cup fixture.

Awful opening 3 games unless we click straight away!

At least 3 tough games in one week! then a couple of week break to iron out any issues..... (my best attempt at a positive spin!)

Just seen the Chelsea game has been braught forward to the 21st of August to cater their Super Cup fixture.

Awful opening 3 games unless we click straight away!

Yes 3 tough games in the opening 8 days and then no game for 3 weeks , i hope we can get some points on the board as we don't want to be adrift at the bottom early on - i think if we can beat Liverpool it will be decent as not many will take points at arsenal or Chelsea.

Although , sometimes it can be of benefit to play sides like that early on before they hit form - anything from those 2 games will be a bonus in my opinion .

Well im not scared of Liverpool

We have a decent record against them recently and they will probably be without Suarez

3 points and id be happy

Yeah I'm not scared of them either. I just wish we were going into that game with the same rest that they're getting. It's the kind of thing that can tip it (further) in their favour and make a difference. Plus they weren't exactly bad without Suarez last season. Their best results were without him.

As for the switch, it's the same 3 three teams it was going to be. It's now just lousier timing.

but wont players be at their fittest for this and maybe better have these 3 games now compared to in back end of season

If we didn't currently have 10 injuries I'd be more confident. At best they'll be 'just back' from injury and maybe a little tender.

Well last season our results in the equivalent fixtures were:

Pl3 W0 D0 L3  2f-a12 Pts0.

So there is plenty of scope for improvement. Even three narrow losses would feel better.

not really. 2 of them were 2-1 defeats, 8-0 was a freak result

I don't know what the FA are thinking, but hey. Get three decent results against teams who will get better and better and we can be in pretty good shape. Also it might give our unkown players more room and freedom before these clubs find them out. Expecting Okore to beat Terry in every challenge like in the CL fixture last year.

Completely ridiculous schedule. It would be silly to say our season starts on September 14th, but it's gonna be an extremely hard opening week. Then we'll spend the next 3 weeks being (unfairly) referred to as relegation favorites because of our poor start. I'm looking forward to this season less and less.

I'm gonna say a 2-1 defeat at the emirates, 0-0 at home to pool and a score draw at Chelsea.

That would be a dream.

I reckon we'll lose both against arsenal and chelsea.. just hope it isn't big defeats.

Liverpool one is interesting I reckon we'll get something there.

Its going to be a very tough start, a loss away at Arse, perhaps a draw with Liverpool and then a comprehensive defeat to Chelski. At least they have a few weeks after that to put things right again and start picking up points.

The only things that matter next season is that there is an improvement on last season, and that several players step up to the plate and prove their worth. We are certainly not going to get into Europe and we are not going to be the whipping boys either. I just want the kind of season where we are always clear of relegation, as after three awful seasons I can't take much more!

Jose rarely starts brilliant at clubs. was very defensive his 1st coule of weeks the last time at Chelsea and he struggled a bit early on at Real. so have hope there plus Arsenal are not great starters either are Liverpool. We should pick up at least 2 points in my view

Â