Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

They’re a shambles. The players they will attract this month will be utter mercenaries and they will turn into QPR from 2012-13 (too many egos, chasing too many dollar signs).  

Even with their inflated budget when (not if) they go down to the championship, they’re unlikely to ‘do a Wolves’. They are so poorly managed that they will continue to attract players who are looking for a payday and who will struggle to gel as a team.

In their position, their money is a poisoned chalice: for expectations on managers, the players they will likely attract, and for fans’ expectations. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

They’re a shambles. The players they will attract this month will be utter mercenaries and they will turn into QPR from 2012-13 (too many egos, chasing too many dollar signs).  

Even with their inflated budget when (not if) they go down to the championship, they’re unlikely to ‘do a Wolves’. They are so poorly managed that they will continue to attract players who are looking for a payday and who will struggle to gel as a team.

In their position, their money is a poisoned chalice: for expectations on managers, the players they will likely attract, and for fans’ expectations. 

Wolves did the double dip down to League One when they were last relegated from the Prem so I’d be ok with them emulating them in that regard.

Never rated Howe and still dont. 

As a side note its nice to see Newcastle lurching from one terrible transfer policy to another. Which hopefully will take them down. Good stuff. (nothing against Newcastle I just want all those relegation spots filled up nice and early this year).

They need a manager who gets the club and carries Newcastle in his heart.

download (3).jpg

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 2

On 07/01/2022 at 15:31, villalad21 said:

It's a little sad to say it but as Man City are starting to get way too dominant, Newcastle may be our only hope in stopping that.

If they stay up and becomes a power house, breaking apart the traditional top 4, watching the top 4 having a meltdown over it, I'd find that funny.

Why can't Villa do that. Newcastle Utd do NOT have the money that PIF has. They are only one investment out of many by PIF. There is no amount of money Toon can spend that Villa can't match

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Oh they will be very bothered by it. Can you imagine Villa putting out a strong side and getting dumped out 1-0 to Cambridge… my goodness there would be uproar. 

The fans will be pissed off, morale of the squad down, potential new signings now having second thoughts… trust me, this was an extremely bad result for them on many levels.

True. When we lost to Bradford City I was ready to riot.

35 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Oh they will be very bothered by it. Can you imagine Villa putting out a strong side and getting dumped out 1-0 to Cambridge… my goodness there would be uproar. 

The fans will be pissed off, morale of the squad down, potential new signings now having second thoughts… trust me, this was an extremely bad result for them on many levels.

Yep - you nailed it. It’s utterly delusional that this was anything but a disaster for the club - especially with the hype of Trippier signing. 

Sob on the Tyne 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I think Wilson is a good striker, but I'm so glad we never got him. It's crazy how injury prone he is. 

never wanted him, very glad we didn't get him. they're lumbered with him. 100k a week right?

• Like 2

I think people are overreacting a bit. If they do go down this year, they'll romp the Championship next year. 

Have you seen the dreck in that league?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think people are overreacting a bit. If they do go down this year, they'll romp the Championship next year. 

Doubt they would romp it, they will lose saint maximum and trippier. World Cup is in December so those two will want to be in premier league. The rest of their team are not great. They could easily be stuck down there for a couple of seasons.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

You’re probably right re the Championship, but the loss of Premier League money even for one season, seriously damages your ability to spend thereafter. I think I’m right in saying that under FFP rules you have to declare your Championship earnings as part of your 3 year accounts or something? Is that right? 

Would be interesting to see how they handled it if they did go down, if we thought we and Wolves had an advantage with the kind of players we could attract in the championship, they could potentially take it to another level, but as we saw for ourselves money alone doesn't get you promoted.

Â