Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He would never say that about united? United is a club worth a billion pounds. Newcastle isnt even worth half that 😂

These Newcastle fans are so sensitive 😂😂

I think the cost of the club is kinda irrelevant to the point they’re trying to make. 

Ignoring the fact it’s kinda tone deaf considering the economy isn’t exactly at it’s strongest, it was made elsewhere in another article covering what Ferdinand said, essentially it was pointed out that Ferdinand had criticised the Glazers previously. The response to that is “Well Rio, Manchester United aren’t your club, belongs to the Glazers. If you don’t like it, buy the club.”

It’s essentially a nonsense argument/suggestion put forward by Ferdinand. Didn’t like that Smith waited until the 70th minute to make a change? Well you be the manager then. Didn’t like the last marvel film? Well you direct one then. 

The fellas on that Newcastle video are maybe a bit excitable but from what I’ve seen, that IS the show, that’s what gets people viewing and I don’t think they’re acting massively different to sections of fans from other clubs. 

• Like 1

they have a really tough run in:

Burnley, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheff Utd, Fulham.

Fulham's run in is:

Wolves, Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley, Southampton, Man Utd, Newcastle.

Both pretty tough run ins tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think the cost of the club is kinda irrelevant to the point they’re trying to make. 

Ignoring the fact it’s kinda tone deaf considering the economy isn’t exactly at it’s strongest, it was made elsewhere in another article covering what Ferdinand said, essentially it was pointed out that Ferdinand had criticised the Glazers previously. The response to that is “Well Rio, Manchester United aren’t your club, belongs to the Glazers. If you don’t like it, buy the club.”

It’s essentially a nonsense argument/suggestion put forward by Ferdinand. Didn’t like that Smith waited until the 70th minute to make a change? Well you be the manager then. Didn’t like the last marvel film? Well you direct one then. 

The fellas on that Newcastle video are maybe a bit excitable but from what I’ve seen, that IS the show, that’s what gets people viewing and I don’t think they’re acting massively different to sections of fans from other clubs. 

This is also not the first media person to suggest something wild like that. Richard Keys was saying Rafa should buy players from his own pocket when he was criticizing the board for not backing him 😂

Rio Ferdinand coincidentally also works with Sports Direct for some clothing brands 😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is also not the first media person to suggest something wild like that. Richard Keys was saying Rafa should buy players from his own pocket when he was criticizing the board for not backing him 😂

Rio Ferdinand coincidentally also works with Sports Direct for some clothing brands 😂

Does he actually? 😂 same agent as Bruce too I wonder? Most of the rest of the punditry world seem to sit in that boat. 

15 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Does he actually? 😂 same agent as Bruce too I wonder? Most of the rest of the punditry world seem to sit in that boat. 

His clothes brand is exclusively sold at Sports Direct

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

they have a really tough run in:

Burnley, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheff Utd, Fulham.

Fulham's run in is:

Wolves, Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley, Southampton, Man Utd, Newcastle.

Both pretty tough run ins tbh.

Whether it’s Fulham or Newcastle who go down, I’m just longing for that final match to be the decider.

I can’t recall it ever happening where 17th played 18th on the final day of the season to determine relegation. There’s been some similar instances, when small heath were relegated Wolves played Blackburn, who were both were in danger.

But the simplicity of two relegation candidates basically in a one off game with no other results mattering...I can’t think of another time that’s happened.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Whether it’s Fulham or Newcastle who go down, I’m just longing for that final match to be the decider.

I can’t recall it ever happening where 17th played 18th on the final day of the season to determine relegation. There’s been some similar instances, when small heath were relegated Wolves played Blackburn, who were both were in danger.

But the simplicity of two relegation candidates basically in a one off game with no other results mattering...I can’t think of another time that’s happened.

Pleeeeeease make it so. Would be a very tense game.

• Like 1

Brighton aren't out of it yet they still have to play: Everton, Chelsea, Sheffield United, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, Man City and Arsenal

Newcastle: Burnley, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheffield United, Fulham

Fulham: Wolves, Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley, Southampton, Man Utd, Newcastle

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

His clothes brand is exclusively sold at Sports Direct

I know he probably makes a fair bit of money from it but I feel like if I had a clothing line which was only sold at Sports Direct, it would give me the same level of accomplishment as being able to fart the alphabet. 

I was sat in the car on Sunday and caught a few mins of The Squad on 5 live. They are chatting about Newcastle and then one of the presenters (Rory?) goes on an assault against Bruce. Its the first time I've heard such negativity in the media against him, loved every second of it. "he's destroying the club from the inside out" 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ttgn  about 22mins in.

Edited by stuart_75
  • Like 1

Â