Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great i hope they buy a club outside this country. Also gives a italian side some chance of winning cl again

I prefer if they didnt buy any football club

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sne said:

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund have switched their attention from Newcastle to Inter Milan according to the rags.

Ah well.

I am shocked

Seeing as it's Newcastle fans having a whip round and then later MA paying for this to go through the courts and not the buying party and then also they didn't get approval because they didn't provide the requested documents and then the question at the start which is that they have all this money yet require a consortium to buy the club its always sounded fishy

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Robertson

Maguire

Figueroa

Palacios

Off the top of my head. He does reasonably well with limited funds and did good jobs at SHA, Wigan and Hull. It's the bigger clubs where he starts to unravel.

Mark Hughes syndrome. Give him no money and a small squad and he will polish turds into diamonds and develop gems from nowhere working double hard.

Give them funds and they just sit back spunk the money here there and everywhere and expect results.

I think is subconscious laziness.

On 09/03/2021 at 00:37, Keyblade said:

Their run-in is horrendous. One 6 pointer next week, 1 game against Burnley which I'm not sure is a 6 pointer, 1 must-win game against Sheffield United on the penultimate week and then that final showdown with Fulham. The rest? All games against the current top 10, including us who seem to be their bogey side under Smith. This would be a terrible time for their tried and true luck to desert them.

Away at Fulham on final day should be fun, IMO Fulham will be safe by then but Not so sure about Newcastle 

Of the 3 i expect Brighton to drop and Newcastle and Fulham to survive. Brighton can only be so unlucky so many times before its realised they arent a great team. If didn't take 4 points from us they would be in big trouble

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Robertson

Maguire

Figueroa

Palacios

Off the top of my head. He does reasonably well with limited funds and did good jobs at SHA, Wigan and Hull. It's the bigger clubs where he starts to unravel.

Yes he can’t cope with pressure he thrives with a non ambitious fan base which surprised me considering he was captain of Man Utd at one of their most successful periods 

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes he can’t cope with pressure he thrives with a non ambitious fan base which surprised me considering he was captain of Man Utd at one of their most successful periods 

Think Blues gave him a good budget to spend the season they got relegated 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Of the 3 i expect Brighton to drop and Newcastle and Fulham to survive. Brighton can only be so unlucky so many times before its realised they arent a great team. If didn't take 4 points from us they would be in big trouble

would rather Brighton goes down out of all those 3 tbh.

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Sunderland gave him a huge budget 

He made their squad so bloated with mediocre/slightly above average players it would make MON blush. No cohesion at all. Just throw on Danny Welbeck, Darren Bent and Asamoah Gyan on at the same time and hope Steed Malbranque or Seb Larsson could put in a cross that one of them can score from. Shithoused their way to 10th one season (the season we finished 9th under Houllier), and you couldn't tell him shit anymore, he was basically Jose Mourinho in his mind :lol: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He made their squad so bloated with mediocre/slightly above average players it would make MON blush. No cohesion at all. Just throw on Danny Welbeck, Darren Bent and Asamoah Gyan on at the same time and hope Steed Malbranque or Seb Larsson could put in a cross that one of them can score from. Shithoused their way to 10th one season (the season we finished 9th under Houllier), and you couldn't tell him shit anymore, he was basically Jose Mourinho in his mind :lol: 

And then Mon bloated the squad even more after he was sacked 🤣

• Haha 1

not sure why we have such a rotten record at St James Park, 14 wins in 82 visits is appalling and the last time we won Newcastle finished with 8 men :D  

considering we have won 36 times at Old Trafford in 100 games which is what people would call our bogey ground

• Like 1

Â