Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still surprised by this appointment.

Bruce Premier League stats as a manager is not good. As far as i can remember he has always been in relegation battles as a coach there.

To me it smells like Ashley is going to sell up in a few seasons time.

He knows time will be running out against him now after this so in this time he will use it to still be taking in millions from merchandise, ST's, TV revenue and advertising - No real outlay for Bruce to build a team with as such, so he's squids in.

He is aiming for relegation which is obvious, he will then Hoover up the parachute payments for a year or two and then sell the club once all is said and done.

- if/when he does sell up they will be in the championship and what's the odds he will put a clause in to the new owner that he will get a further £xxx million if the Club are promoted with the next 3 years, a bit like Randy did with us.

It's not a good time to be a Newcastle fan. They are in for a very tough 5 years ahead. Good luck.

I suppose they will have Leeds fans to keep them company down there who will be advising them how to get out the Championship.

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Some poster on a Newcastle forum saying Ashley signed him to be a "lightning rod" of hate so the fans will focus on Bruce rather than Ashley with their hate.

Ashley is out there playing 5D chess

Brilliant

• Like 1

If I was a Newcastle fan what I would be most worried about is the fact that they have brought in Bruce. A poor manager, so surly there are no expectations on him. So he could lose 10 in a row and still not get sacked. 

On top of that Rondon and Perez are gone so they have no goals in the side. Longstaff, the biggest talent they have will most likely go this summer too. I don't see them spending big so they are 100% relegation fodder! 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Some really distasteful comments though some saying he won't live three years to see out contract another idiot saying hopes there is a plane crash when joining rest of team.

That's disgusting what absolute pricks some fans are

Hey irony - you’ve just been defined.

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I never thought I'd say this but after reading those forums, I'm actually feeling a bit bad for their fans.

I agree, while I feel some compassion for them, the other half shouts Karma.

They enjoyed watching us implode, I will equally enjoy watching this Circus.

• Like 1

Sacked at Championship Aston Villa after spending big and falling short of promotion. Does nothing at Championship Wednesday. Gets offered a job at Premier League Newcastle. 

Football’s an ‘old boys club’ alright. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

Sacked at Championship Aston Villa after spending big and falling short of promotion. Does nothing at Championship Wednesday. Gets offered a job at Premier League Newcastle. 

Football’s an ‘old boys club’ alright. 

The counter argument would be making a net profit at Villa, taking them from relegation zone to playoff final. Then losing 3 of 18 at Wednesday.

Mad signing, I agree. But I don't really get this "old boys club". Football owners don't all have some sort of collusion and agree to have the same few managers on the merry-go-round, at the detriment to their club/investment. 

• Haha 1

The most cynical thing I've seen is that Ashley is in fact selling and hired Bruce knowing that the new owners will want another manager and will sack him.

Letting his buddy Bruce pocket a nice compensation from the new owners for little to no work.

Seem a bit for out even for me, but it is Ashley so who knows.

51 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Mostly managed crap clubs though. 10th with Birmingham is a miracle, 10th with Sunderland is also very good.

I am sure blues were outspending alot of teams at time including us. Dugarry, Forssell, Pandiani, Heskey etc weren't cheap

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hey irony - you’ve just been defined.

You can correct me if i am wrong, but i dont recall anyone on here hoping that he dies in a plane crash, or wishing physical harm on him? Which is bang out of order. 

Not sure you understand irony.

• Like 1

Â