Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

It's true. Llambias gone. I love Mike Ashley. I'm so grateful to him for what he's doing for fans right across the league. Thank you Michael.

• Like 3

They have apparently pulled out of a deal for Douglas. 

Newcastles saving grace, their scouting system, have been tracking him for ages....but Kinnear has other ideas!

This should be fun......

Indeed...

Douglas is available on a free transfer after leaving FC Twente, and an agreement with Newcastle was on the cards.

However, the 25-year-old will now not be moving to St James' Park. Sky Sports understands that the decision was made by Kinnear.

It is understood Kinnear has already identified other defensive targets for the club to move for this summer.

Kinnear must have incriminating photos of Ashley surely?

I would just like to place on record my thanks to Mr Ashley for appointing Joe Kinnear, it has made what is usually quite a dull time of year, f***in hilarious. I can now watch SSN/talksport etc, and instead of the presenters scratching around for any excuse to talk about Manure, my time is being filled with me pissing myself laughing. 

The interview from the other day is brill, and long may it all continue.

I've heard that the apple actually fell on Kinnear's head, and he discovered gravity.

Kinnear also helped Andy Dufrain escape from Shawshank, and turned down a job to work with the Spanish FA, in a football coaching role.

• Like 1

The madness of Joe continues......

I lifted this from a Newcastle forum.

if you look what we had to go out: we went to non-league clubs and found players.

We trained and worked them and then sold them for millions, as simple as that.

So they say I haven't had any experience in buying and selling players – sure I have.

I bought Dean Holdsworth for 50 grand – sold him for £3m.
Cost £720k sold for £3.5m

I sold John Scales for £3m – he was a free transfer.
He sold scales for £3.5m, and he had cost £70k....but that was in 1987.  Kinnear was in Nepal at the time

I sold Robbie Earle for x, y, z.
Robbie Earle retired from football while at Wimbledon.  He had cost £750k

I sold Marcus Gale,
Marcus Gayle was bought for £250k and sold for £900k...but left wimbledon 2 years after Kinnear.

Leonhardsen,
Cost £650k and sold for £3.5m

Micky Hartford
Cost £50k and finished his career at Wimbledon

John Hartson,
Cost £7.5m sold for £6m

Hans Seigers
Cost £180k while Joe was in Nepal, didn't fetch any fee when he moved on.

most of them were free transfers. And we sold to survive so I know exactly what type of players are needed and what type of players are needed to play.

In addition to correcting Kinnear, I've had a look at his other buys and sells that surpassed a million...

Efan Ekoku
Cost £1m
Sold £0.5m

Ben Thatcher
Cost £1.7m
Sold £5m

Mark Kennedy
Cost £1.75m
Sold Free

Andy Roberts
Cost £2m
Sold Free

Michael Hughes
Cost £1.6m
Sold £1m

Gareth Ainsworth
Cost £2m
Sold Free          

Did he really say he was constantly ringing up SAF asking him what to do? And also, he can ring Wenger any time he wants.

Cringe worthy doesn't even cover it.

Reminds me of a certain Mr O'Leary who reckons that top managers like Mourinho are alsways asking him when he's going to get back in the game.  Deluded.

Â