Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

The only way this could be worse for Newcastle fans would be for Ashley to flog the Wonga Stadium to a housing developer and agree a groundshare with Sunderland.

Top work Mr Ashley. Top work.

Hilarity aside, there is something deeply odd about all this.

That

It's almost INTENTIONALLY hilarious.

Like Mike Ashley has thought "Things are going a bit too smoothly of late. What can I do to make everyone remember how mental I am?"

When you consider that dof's don't work in English football (Portsmouth, spurs, Liverpool have had no success with them) and the last time Newcastle appointed a dof (Dennis wise) they went through 3 managers that year and got relegated at the end of it, you do have to wonder what mike ashley is doing.

When you consider that dof's don't work in English football (Portsmouth, spurs, Liverpool have had no success with them) and the last time Newcastle appointed a dof (Dennis wise) they went through 3 managers that year and got relegated at the end of it, you do have to wonder what mike ashley is doing.

The DOF model has worked here before.

The big issue here is having a senile clown take the job.

Genuine question. Has it? I'd also be curious as to whether; in those situations; the manager was incumbent before the DoF was brought in. I get that it might work if a manager is brought in knowing he'll be working for a DoF but I find it hard to believe a self-respecting manager would not get the hump if he was already in place and was then undermined by a new structure that took quite a bit of his power away.

Genuine question. Has it? I'd also be curious as to whether; in those situations; the manager was incumbent before the DoF was brought in. I get that it might work if a manager is brought in knowing he'll be working for a DoF but I find it hard to believe a self-respecting manager would not get the hump if he was already in place and was then undermined by a new structure that took quite a bit of his power away.
Also Bof (I'm happy for legov to prove me wrong) the only dofs I remember were zaeic at Portsmouth which resulted in redknapp resigning, comolli at spurs, which was a sort of success because some of his signings were good, but they took years to step up to the level and comolli was a disaster at liverpool, carol downing Henderson were not worth half the fees they paid. Edited by Jimzk5

WBA do it right. Appoint a man who will know his place. Too many clubs hire ex-managers as DoF, and it only ever results in failure.

Indeed. Or hire a DOF a year into a managers 8 year contract hoping he'll lose his rag and walk.

STILL nothing from Pardew. He may well be a bit of a word removed, I don't particularly care for him. But I do feel for him.

Â