Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

That interview is gold, Like other people have said, it is almost intentionally ridiculous! Like it is all a set up for something.

Might be because Ashley want Pardew out, without having to pay him 7 years wage in compensation?

Mike Ashley makes some stupid decisions but I don't think he is idiotic enough to give out a record length contract without a clause which limits compensation in the event of a sacking...

but then again...

Might be because Ashley want Pardew out, without having to pay him 7 years wage in compensation? 

This is what I first thought.  We will know for sure if they put Gazza in as Kinears boss!

The DOF model has worked here before.

The big issue here is having a senile clown take the job.

Genuine question. Has it? I'd also be curious as to whether; in those situations; the manager was incumbent before the DoF was brought in. I get that it might work if a manager is brought in knowing he'll be working for a DoF but I find it hard to believe a self-respecting manager would not get the hump if he was already in place and was then undermined by a new structure that took quite a bit of his power away.
Also Bof (I'm happy for legov to prove me wrong) the only dofs I remember were zaeic at Portsmouth which resulted in redknapp resigning, comolli at spurs, which was a sort of success because some of his signings were good, but they took years to step up to the level and comolli was a disaster at liverpool, carol downing Henderson were not worth half the fees they paid.

Fair enough, debatable. As someone mentoned, WBA have done well, also Chelsea have done well (how much that is down to the DOF model I have no idea) and Spurs. Even so, it's not much to go on.

Still, the fact that there have been a few DOF successes in this country, coupled with the fact that it's been widespread on the European mainland for decades now, means that the appointment of a DOF isn't, in itself, a terrible decision, maybe a questionable one but not outright crazy.

Hiring Kinnear in any footballing capacity...now that's crazy.

After listening to that interview, it honestly sounds like he's paranoid. Like the media are out to "get" him.

"I'll show 'em! They think they can push me around. I have powerful friends you know! No-one pushes Joe Kinnear around! I'll show 'em. I'll show 'em all!"

I'm really desperate to hear what Pardew has to say about all this, I mean from his own mouth rather than what Kinnear claims he has said about it.

I guess he could be away at the moment but the silence from him at the moment would appear to speak volumes. The local press up there must be desperate to get him on record about this.

I can't even begin to imagine what the Newcastle players must be thinking about this, especially old Kebab.

It just keeps getting better.....

Despite the entire world knowing that Andy Carroll is as good as signed for West Ham, Kinnear yesterday told the local press up there he was interested in bringing back the player who he gave a home debut to.

Now.... I don't want to pick fault but he has virtually signed for West Ham Joe and you didn't actually give him his debut!!! It was Glenn Roeder.

Listening to him mispronouce the names of his players is funny, but if I were a Newcastle fan I would be more concerned about the fact that he can't seem to remember anything accurately. I wouldn't trust someone with such a horrendous memory with tying his own shoelaces, much less run a footballle club

Newcastle were on the verge of signing Douglas, the centre back from FC Twente, on a free transfer. Newcastle have been linked with him for ages, atleast 18 months back I remember seeing them being interested in him. 

Kinnear has instantly cancelled the transfer apparently, saying he has already identified other defensive targets. Absolute idiot.

Oh and Derek Llambias just quit

I'm really desperate to hear what Pardew has to say about all this, I mean from his own mouth rather than what Kinnear claims he has said about it.

I guess he could be away at the moment but the silence from him at the moment would appear to speak volumes. The local press up there must be desperate to get him on record about this.

I can't even begin to imagine what the Newcastle players must be thinking about this, especially old Kebab.

I suspect there will be blood. Pardew will be biting his lip so hard during that interview, he's bound to draw blood. I'm also desperate to hear what he says, if only because he has made his thoughts crystal clear by staying quiet until now.

Â